“Everything you need”

Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We spent a very comfortable couple of nights here. We had a nice room with a corner balcony which had great reviews over the resort. Check in was quick and friendly and liked the express checkout. We ate in the resort and found the food to be good. This was a straight forward good quality hotel which suited us as the final stop on our holiday in Florida. It was only an hour to the airport in Miami which was very convenient.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank weelassieScotland
KeyLargoMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

We are pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your experience here in Key Largo. It is wonderful to know your dining experience at the restaurant were excellent! We hope to host you here again soon in paradise.

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at a lot of Marriott Hotels being a Platinum Elite Member. This property and especially the front desk staff are comparable to a Holiday Inn. (Not to disrespect Holiday Inn) They claimed breakfast was not complementary. They upgraded me to a room with a balcony right next to the elevator. THERE WERE NOT ANY ROOMS WITHOUT A BALCONY! Tiny rooms. No tub. Needs a lot to be at Marriott standard. When I spoke to management they said they were a franchise and didn't have to follow the Marriott rules.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Russ B

Russ B, as a platinum elite member we truly value your feedback. I want to apologize on behalf of all of the staff here at the Key Largo Marriott. It is never our intention for anyone’s expectations to not be exceeded. In regards to the rooms, the only rooms without balconies are the standard rooms. We will use your comments as a training tool for our staff.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

My family and I (two teenagers) spent a week at this hotel over Spring Break. We all loved the hotel a lot. We had a two-bedroom suite (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED when you have teenagers :) which was very nice and roomy. It has a full kitchen and a small dining room along with a nice sized living room. The King bed in the master bedroom is very comfy - some reviewers mentioned then beds being high and they are - but we did not think this was a big deal. The view from our room (3rd floor) was very nice of the pool and beach area so request a high floor if you get a bay view room - it is worth it.

The pool is excellent and the staff do a great job of keeping it clean. The staff at the pool bar are great (Conor & Cory were our favorites). They has a very small beach area which is good for younger kids, but our kids were bored of that area in about 5 min. They also have a private company on-site that rents kayaks, paddle boards and jet skis which we rented and the kids had fun with that. The staff there were great and very friendly as well (Bob was our favorite).

We did not try the restaurants on site besides the pool bar so I cannot help you there, but the menus looked good.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone with family that is looking for a quiet, relaxing get-away where you don't need a lot of external activities to keep everyone happy.

Room Tip: Bay view rooms on high floors for sure.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Josh W
KeyLargoMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Josh W, thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review! We truly value your input and are pleased to hear your family enjoyed their time her e In Key Largo. We invite you to try our restaurants on your next visit! We hope to once again host you brilliantly here in paradise!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

First stop on after arriving from UK into Miami and picking up the hire car at MIA. Two large and very comfortable "Marriott Beds" and clean functional room with balcony overlooking the water and hotel's own dock. Back of room is adjacent to highway although screened by a big car park and trees. Barman in Gus' Grille is excellent, although a little too slick at refilling your drinks, not complaining, was on vacation! Good sandwiches/ bar snacks. Easy to find and plenty of parking. Much better than some of the other reviews suggest.

Room Tip: If you pay more or upgrade to a superior room in the Sugar Loaf Key building it's a little quiet...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

We are glad to hear your expectations were surpassed for your stay! Your comments are well received by all of us here in Key Largo. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We had an overnight stay at Marriott Key Largo on our way to Key West. The room was clean and comfortable with two queen size beds. The property grounds, pool and beach area are inviting and nicely maintained. Enjoyed dinner at Gus's Grille while watching the beautiful sunset from our table.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here in Key Largo. It is great to know your dining experience in the restaurant was wonderful We hope to host you here again soon in paradise.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Had an absolutely amazing experience at the Spa today. I treated my mother to a spa day (and myself obviously) for her 50th birthday. We were greeted with smiles, the atmosphere was extremely relaxing, staff professional and friendly. We both were treated like queens and have never had a better massage!! Highly recommend going here to be pampered. I spend all weekend on dive trips, the equipment is heavy, swimming took a toll on me (high winds=rough seas!). This is exactly what I needed to end my weekend and begin my work week. We will definitely be back to see Ariel and Angel. What a delightful treat!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer_Thomp

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are glad to hear your spa treatments were delightful! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We arrived at 12:30 p.m. (As we noted when we checked-in online). Upon arrival, we checked in at the front desk. Apparently, we were a complete bother as the staff acted as though we were! I was very upset at how rude the front desk staff was. I handed them my credit card and I was advised loudly that it as "on hold." As we had just left Disney, I figured maybe my CC company was worried my card had been stolen. So I called the company and was advises there was nothing wrong with my card. With the agent on the phone, I told the front desk clerk nothing was wrong. She rolled her eyes at me and ran the card again. Of course it worked. She, loudly again, said "well I don't know what to tell you i have been running cards all day." Clearly she pressed a wrong button, but more frustrating I'm not sure why she had to make a scene.

We were then advised our room was not ready yet. We waited by the pool which was nice. The beach is cute too, but I would not swim in that water! Very grassy, dark, etc.

Our room was very nice. Upon arrival, Sam put a bottle of champagne in our room for our honeymoon. It was wonderful. The room was a decent size, comfortable beds, great view!

The restaurant staff was wonderful! I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful the hostess Barbara was :) she was so friendly and made us feel so welcome! The servers were wonderful as well! Pool staff was nice too!

Beware: the watercraft noted on the website was not free or included!

I'm not sure we will be back to this hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
KeyLargoMarriott, Manager at Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for your recent review of our property and the kind words regarding restaurant and pool area. We apologize for the misunderstanding regarding the credit card and the manner in which it was handled. We hope to see you again when and if your travels bring you back to the Keys.