We planned a week long trip to the Floriday Keys, and this was our first stop, as my sister was getting married on the property. It was a little expensive, but since we were only staying for two nights, we were hoping it would be worth it. The first thing we did after checking in was get out on the water in the kayaks they provided. (Word of warning, watch out for jellyfish when getting in the kayaks. They are fascinating to look at as long as you don't step on one). They had a dock with a ladder for swimming. There isn't an actual beach, but there was a large sandy area with lounge chairs, hammocks, tables, and even a ping pong table. The pool and hot tub were great. There was even a fridge full of water and fruit a few steps away. Our room (Kiwi, I think?)was a decent size, and was nice and cool. The bathroom has places all over to hang wet towels and swimsuits. The bed was very comfortable. We took the garden tour in the morning, and we got to eat all sorts of fruit right off the trees! There's also a tennis court out next to the parking area. It is true that there are other properties on each side that are quite close, but they were usually pretty quiet. As for road noise, I didn't hear anything from our room at all. It really felt like our own place. I didn't even have to put shoes on I was so comfortable there. We were sad to leave this lovely place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and operated by the same family since 1991 and a "Fodor’s Choice" selection since 2009, Kona Kai is a magical hideaway, teeming with the natural beauty of old Key Largo and hand polished into one of the most exclusive resorts in the Florida Keys. With all new accommodations in 2013, Kona Kai is reserved for adults. Offering highly praised personalized concierge service, Kona Kai is regularly recommended by leading travel publications and websites. SInce the 2011 addition of "The Botanic Gardens at Kona Kai," guests enjoy our gardens day and night; complimentary tours for all registered guests are offered by our staff ethnobotanist. Kona Kai is a classic Keys experience; the perfect alternative if you're seeking to avoid the crowds and formality of a big resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Kona Kai Resort, Gallery & Botanic Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Kai Resort And Gallery
- Kona Kai Resort & Gallery Hotel Key Largo
- Kona Kai Resort, Gallery & Botanic Garden Key Largo, Florida