We arrived at the perfect time. Off peak season and a couple weeks after hurricane Issac. Kona Kai felt like it was ours for an entire two days. Very peaceful and quiet environment if that's what you are looking for in a vacation. We highly recommend taking the botanist tour (free for guests and approx $20 for visitors) Rick is the botanist\tour guide and was very informative. He really took his time and explained the various vegetation and exotic plants growing throughout the botanical garden. An entire fruit garden is at the front of the resort where you can pluck fruits right off the tree! Before the tour I was completely oblivious to the many different beautiful species that surround you at Kona Kai.
Don't feel like you need to book the more expensive room to have a good time here. There isn't a bad location at this resort.
Kayaks, Ping pong, tennis courts and a well mantained pool\spa await you at this wonderful resort. Book this paradise and you wont be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and operated by the same family since 1991 and a "Fodor’s Choice" selection since 2009, Kona Kai is a magical hideaway, teeming with the natural beauty of old Key Largo and hand polished into one of the most exclusive resorts in the Florida Keys. With all new accommodations in 2013, Kona Kai is reserved for adults. Offering highly praised personalized concierge service, Kona Kai is regularly recommended by leading travel publications and websites. SInce the 2011 addition of "The Botanic Gardens at Kona Kai," guests enjoy our gardens day and night; complimentary tours for all registered guests are offered by our staff ethnobotanist. Kona Kai is a classic Keys experience; the perfect alternative if you're seeking to avoid the crowds and formality of a big resort. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kona Kai Resort & Gallery Hotel Key Largo
- Kona Kai Resort And Gallery
- Kona Kai Resort, Gallery & Botanic Garden Key Largo, Florida