First I want to say that if you want fancy granite in your bathroom, and a huge pool with beach entry, go somewhere else. But, if you want personal service and an excellent private place to stay where the staff tends to your needs but they also stay out of your way, then this is where you want to stay. My husband and I went there for our 25th wedding anniversary and enjoyed every single quiet relaxing moment! The property and landscaping are exactly what Key Largo and The Keys are all about. The hammocks were a great place for an afternoon cat nap and the tiki out by the bay was a great place for lunch. We stayed in the Mango Room and loved how we could open the plantation shutters and have the tropical landscape fill our view while still having privacy. The room was decorated perfect and the furniture was very sturdy and just the right colors. The bathroom had plenty of hooks for our wet towels and bathing suits, something most resort forget you need! The intimate pool is perfectly chilled and not like bath water which was so refreshing. I really can't say enough about this place. It truly is a very special place and we hope to be back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and operated by the same family since 1991 and a "Fodor’s Choice" selection since 2009, Kona Kai is a magical hideaway, teeming with the natural beauty of old Key Largo and hand polished into one of the most exclusive resorts in the Florida Keys. With all new accommodations in 2013, Kona Kai is reserved for adults. Offering highly praised personalized concierge service, Kona Kai is regularly recommended by leading travel publications and websites. SInce the 2011 addition of "The Botanic Gardens at Kona Kai," guests enjoy our gardens day and night; complimentary tours for all registered guests are offered by our staff ethnobotanist. Kona Kai is a classic Keys experience; the perfect alternative if you're seeking to avoid the crowds and formality of a big resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Kona Kai Resort, Gallery & Botanic Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Kai Resort And Gallery
- Kona Kai Resort & Gallery Hotel Key Largo
- Kona Kai Resort, Gallery & Botanic Garden Key Largo, Florida