My husband and I stayed in the Papaya Room for a week in March and found Kona Kai to be the perfect place for peace, quiet, and lots of sun. The owners and staff have created quite an oasis by providing not only impeccable service but by also building an incredible landscape that runs throughout the property. Everywhere you look, an intriguing and beautiful plant awaits inspection. The palm trees are breathtaking and really complete the feel of a tropical resort. In addition to the gardens, they have a great pool and, our favorite part, a bulk head turned beach that makes you feel like you're on the edge of the world. Watching the sunset while looking out across the bay and into the Everglades never got old. I highly recommend Kona Kai for anyone looking for peace and quiet and a romantic escape.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and operated by the same family since 1991 and a "Fodor’s Choice" selection since 2009, Kona Kai is a magical hideaway, teeming with the natural beauty of old Key Largo and hand polished into one of the most exclusive resorts in the Florida Keys. With all new accommodations in 2013, Kona Kai is reserved for adults. Offering highly praised personalized concierge service, Kona Kai is regularly recommended by leading travel publications and websites. SInce the 2011 addition of "The Botanic Gardens at Kona Kai," guests enjoy our gardens day and night; complimentary tours for all registered guests are offered by our staff ethnobotanist. Kona Kai is a classic Keys experience; the perfect alternative if you're seeking to avoid the crowds and formality of a big resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Kona Kai Resort, Gallery & Botanic Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Kai Resort And Gallery
- Kona Kai Resort & Gallery Hotel Key Largo
- Kona Kai Resort, Gallery & Botanic Garden Key Largo, Florida