Stayed for our honeymoon in June, beautiful grounds were quite private. We stayed in the breadfruit room which had a great view of the water, easy access to the beach, hammock, pool and jacuzzi. We had plenty of space in our room, the bed was comfy and the temperature was nice inside when getting out of the heat and humidity. There were kayaks and paddle boats available to guests, our first night there we took the kayak out and saw a small shark and saw many other tropical fish on our daily kayak trips. There were many tiny lizards (not sure of the type) running around and there was also a friendly squirrel which was used to being fed by people, and would eat right out of your hand. Overall I would definitely go back someday and would recommend this resort for a romantic trip. Every guest who stayed during the time we were there had gone on their honeymoon, and revisited often.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and operated by the same family since 1991 and a "Fodor’s Choice" selection since 2009, Kona Kai is a magical hideaway, teeming with the natural beauty of old Key Largo and hand polished into one of the most exclusive resorts in the Florida Keys. With all new accommodations in 2013, Kona Kai is reserved for adults. Offering highly praised personalized concierge service, Kona Kai is regularly recommended by leading travel publications and websites. SInce the 2011 addition of "The Botanic Gardens at Kona Kai," guests enjoy our gardens day and night; complimentary tours for all registered guests are offered by our staff ethnobotanist. Kona Kai is a classic Keys experience; the perfect alternative if you're seeking to avoid the crowds and formality of a big resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Kona Kai Resort, Gallery & Botanic Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Kai Resort And Gallery
- Kona Kai Resort & Gallery Hotel Key Largo
- Kona Kai Resort, Gallery & Botanic Garden Key Largo, Florida