My husband and I have stayed at the Kona Kai at least 6 times over the past 4 years. We used to stay in other places in the Keys, but nothing compares. The staff (Bobbi and Tracie,as well as Veronika) are terrific. They make us feel like family. We always stay in the Pineapple Suite. My husband scubas every day, and I exercize in the Key Largo park (where the Olympic size pool is located), and it is heaven on earth. We are already booked for November, and when we go in November, we will book for the following February!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and operated by the same family since 1991 and a "Fodor’s Choice" selection since 2009, Kona Kai is a magical hideaway, teeming with the natural beauty of old Key Largo and hand polished into one of the most exclusive resorts in the Florida Keys. With all new accommodations in 2013, Kona Kai is reserved for adults. Offering highly praised personalized concierge service, Kona Kai is regularly recommended by leading travel publications and websites. SInce the 2011 addition of "The Botanic Gardens at Kona Kai," guests enjoy our gardens day and night; complimentary tours for all registered guests are offered by our staff ethnobotanist. Kona Kai is a classic Keys experience; the perfect alternative if you're seeking to avoid the crowds and formality of a big resort. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kona Kai Resort & Gallery Hotel Key Largo
- Kona Kai Resort And Gallery
- Kona Kai Resort, Gallery & Botanic Garden Key Largo, Florida