This place is a GEM! Wow. You cannot help but relax here. You feel so well taken care of from the smalles littlelest touches that make staying at the Kona Kai a most memorable experience.
No need for shoes here! You can walk the immaculately groomed grounds which are so charming and quaint, yet luxurious at the same time! The pool is terrific and the afternoon I spent there, I had the entire pool to myself. Gorgeous gate. Great chaises. And, a cooler ready to serve you chilled water and fruit for the taking?? What could be better?
What's better is the dock and the cottages. Again-- 'charming' comes to mind for every aspect. Our "mango room" was a quaint, beautifully decorated upscale seaside cottage. It was steps from the pool AND the dock. The dock has chaises and table awaiting you and it's all so inviting.
The staff was terrific-- top notch. Just helpful enough without being overbearing. We asked for some references for dinner and Ronnie was MOST helpful and terrific about the area. We stayed 3 nights in Key West and I would come back here tenfold before heading that far south!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and operated by the same family since 1991 and a "Fodor’s Choice" selection since 2009, Kona Kai is a magical hideaway, teeming with the natural beauty of old Key Largo and hand polished into one of the most exclusive resorts in the Florida Keys. With all new accommodations in 2013, Kona Kai is reserved for adults. Offering highly praised personalized concierge service, Kona Kai is regularly recommended by leading travel publications and websites. SInce the 2011 addition of "The Botanic Gardens at Kona Kai," guests enjoy our gardens day and night; complimentary tours for all registered guests are offered by our staff ethnobotanist. Kona Kai is a classic Keys experience; the perfect alternative if you're seeking to avoid the crowds and formality of a big resort. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kona Kai Resort & Gallery Hotel Key Largo
- Kona Kai Resort And Gallery
- Kona Kai Resort, Gallery & Botanic Garden Key Largo, Florida