After reading some of the reviews, I was a bit hesitant to stay at Marina del Mar. On our drive down thru Key Largo I noticed that many of the hotels look relatively similar: they have a 70's vibe and despite a few more modern hotels, everything seems a bit dated. That being said, when we pulled up to Marina del Mar, I was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful views of the (of course) of the marina.
We went into the front lobby and Jeanette (front desk person) helped us with our check in. She also gave us a few bags of complimentary popcorn. We had a pretty quick check-in and then proceeded to go to our room.
We were hoping for a marina view, but since we booked this hotel the day before and they were completely booked, we were OK with the room we received. We walked in and it smelled clean. We had two double beds, tv, shower, etc.
Was this the most modern room I've ever stayed in? No, but it's what I expected. The room was clean, and relatively spacious. We really didn't need anything huge or fancy since we were staying here for a dive weekend and anticipated moving rooms the following day, since our friend made a reservation for our group for the next day.
We slept comfortably the first night. We promptly checked out the next morning after our complimentary breakfast (don't expect anything huge, but it's sufficient: coffee, pastries, bagels, cereal, juice, oatmeal). The best feature about breakfast is enjoying it on the patio facing the marina.
A few hours later (when our group arrived), we asked if we could check-in early. Jeanette said they were completely booked and the two rooms for our group that we reserved weren't clean yet, but she did see if they had a room available that we could have if we didn't want the two rooms. She gave us the key and suggested we check it out before we committed. We walked into the room (which was on the top level of the lobby). There was a full kitchen, two balconies, two bedrooms (one master with a king, one with two twin beds, one pullout murphy bed in the front room), two bathrooms, and a kitchen table. The room had a fantastic view of the marina and the balcony/porch was a great feature. Since we'd be diving in a few hours and didn't want to leave all our luggage in cars, we decided to take the room Jeanette offered us.
The room worked out well, but I will worn others, it was a Saturday night, the pool was packed and you could everything until around 10 PM (loud people/kids). So if you're not a fan of noise, you may not want to stay in this room. If you want to stay in a room with fantastic views, then try to get the top level room in the same complex as the lobby.
We didn't use the pool, but it seemed fine and nicely maintained.
All in all, I'd stay here again. It's close to most bars and restaurants, the view of the marina is beautiful.
Tip: Bring bug spray. No-see-ums are out in droves!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When it comes to relaxation, make Marina Del Mar Resort & Marina your first and only stop on the first Florida Key. Our hotel next to Key Largo’s largest deep water marina is a world away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life yet provides easy access to the area’s most popular attractions. Gather with friends while docked at our 77-slip marina. Enjoy a romantic escape with your special someone in one of our comfortable suites. Make family memories while splashing around in our sparkling pool. Our 76 pet-friendly rooms complement your Florida Keys vacation with a cool coastal atmosphere. From standard-size rooms to three-bedroom suites with full kitchen amenities, you’ll have everything for short or extended stays. Ideal for longer getaways, our largest suites also provide full living rooms, private balconies and queen beds to comfortably sleep the entire family. With our favorable location by the marina, it’s easy to partake in diving, snorkeling, fishing and other sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Marina Del Mar Resort And Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Del Mar Resort And Marina Key Largo Hotel Key Largo
- Marina Del Mar Resort And Marina Key Largo, Florida