The check in process was great! The girl.... I think her name is Megan, but if not she's the one with the long brown hair that worked on Thurs. Oct 17, was very accommodating! We had gotten in very early and she was able to check us in and upgraded me to a room with a view of the marina. That was the good!
The bad.... ugh. The room. It didn't look bad when you first open the door, but I went to use the restroom and there was dried urine on he toilet, which clearly showed me that their cleaning duties were not very thorough which made the rest of my stay uneasy!! I asked the cleaning lady for some cleaner for the toilet and she brought me some spray and I ended up CLEANING IT MYSELF!!!! The ceiling fan shook so bad and made so much noise it kept us awake but the AC was not keeping up with the heat or something. The bed was hard and again, I couldn't sleep because I wasn't sure of the cleanliness of the sheets.
The atmosphere outside the door is GREAT! The marina is really cool but there's NOTHING to do there! You have the pool which is nice. It was clean and you also have the use of the other hotels at the Holiday Inn and courtyard. We went to the pool at the HI and the music was depressing and blah! We were looking for something fun... it's key largo and I was bored to death! The only other place that was there was Sharkey's .... must read my review of that place. This is not someplace I will ever return to nor would I EVER recommend it to someone!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When it comes to relaxation, make Marina Del Mar Resort & Marina your first and only stop on the first Florida Key. Our hotel next to Key Largo’s largest deep water marina is a world away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life yet provides easy access to the area’s most popular attractions. Gather with friends while docked at our 77-slip marina. Enjoy a romantic escape with your special someone in one of our comfortable suites. Make family memories while splashing around in our sparkling pool. Our 76 pet-friendly rooms complement your Florida Keys vacation with a cool coastal atmosphere. From standard-size rooms to three-bedroom suites with full kitchen amenities, you’ll have everything for short or extended stays. Ideal for longer getaways, our largest suites also provide full living rooms, private balconies and queen beds to comfortably sleep the entire family. With our favorable location by the marina, it’s easy to partake in diving, snorkeling, fishing and other sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marina Del Mar Resort And Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Del Mar Resort And Marina Key Largo Hotel Key Largo
- Marina Del Mar Resort And Marina Key Largo, Florida