“O-K place in a great location”

Marina Del Mar Resort And Marina
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed 21 October 2013

If you're looking to snorkel or scuba from one of the many boat charters, I highly recommend staying near or at the marina. We went with Scuba-Do company and the boat was docked less than 5 minutes walking distance so it was very convenient for us. The hotel is also centrally located so the Publix and Kmart was just 4 minutes away, making it very easy to pickup food or items that you need for the day. There are restaurants all around the area, but my favorite was the Key Largo fisheries for their stone crab claws! It was only a 5 minute drive.

The hotel grounds were well kept, but small and parking filled up quickly. There was another lot for parking, which I believe was across the street. There is a pool and outdoor patio area to watch the boats pass through. There's also a small breakfast from 7A to 9A with cereal, fruits, pastries, etc.

Rooms were average size for 2 double beds, our bathroom was a bit small however. It was clean. Plenty of towels and small refridgerator was nice. We had a minor insect problem, looked to be ants or termites? near the bathroom sink. It was not a huge issue so I did not bring it up to management. We did not have a balcony or a marina view. I wish our room had at least a private balcony to hang our wetsuits and equipment to dry.

Price was fair. I booked through Scuba-Do, which was slightly cheaper than on the internet. The nearest competitor is the Holiday Inn and Courtyard, both are on the marina as well.

Room Tip: If you dive and need a place to hang your wetsuit, ask or upgrade to a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
keylargoresortsmgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Del Mar Resort And Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to review our property. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed all the on-site amenities especially the diving and breakfast.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Key Largo. Thank you again for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

There are newer reviews for Marina Del Mar Resort And Marina

Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is a very well maintained and centrally located hotel. My room (110) was very clean and had views of the marina. The room had a small refrigerator, which was nice and cold. Also, there were bbq pits which guests shared. Perfect to grill a quick meal at the end of the day. The hotel is perfectly located for divers. I dove with Scuba-Do, however there were a lot of dive operations in walking distance (w/gear). For the price this was a great hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to review our property. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed the on-site amenities especially the BBQ pits.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

The check in process was great! The girl.... I think her name is Megan, but if not she's the one with the long brown hair that worked on Thurs. Oct 17, was very accommodating! We had gotten in very early and she was able to check us in and upgraded me to a room with a view of the marina. That was the good!

The bad.... ugh. The room. It didn't look bad when you first open the door, but I went to use the restroom and there was dried urine on he toilet, which clearly showed me that their cleaning duties were not very thorough which made the rest of my stay uneasy!! I asked the cleaning lady for some cleaner for the toilet and she brought me some spray and I ended up CLEANING IT MYSELF!!!! The ceiling fan shook so bad and made so much noise it kept us awake but the AC was not keeping up with the heat or something. The bed was hard and again, I couldn't sleep because I wasn't sure of the cleanliness of the sheets.

The atmosphere outside the door is GREAT! The marina is really cool but there's NOTHING to do there! You have the pool which is nice. It was clean and you also have the use of the other hotels at the Holiday Inn and courtyard. We went to the pool at the HI and the music was depressing and blah! We were looking for something fun... it's key largo and I was bored to death! The only other place that was there was Sharkey's .... must read my review of that place. This is not someplace I will ever return to nor would I EVER recommend it to someone!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 7Denver17

Dear Guest,
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Marina del Mar. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate the feedback to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty. We hope to see you again very soon for your next visit to Key Largo.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We had a very nice stay here for 1 day. The hotel is older, and it's a bit strange that blinds are operated from outside of the rooms. But the rooms were very spacious and clean (we stayed in a king room, on the 4th floor). The views are really nice, the hotel is located right on a canal with boats, and you can see some manatees there! Also right next to the hotel is a great bar (Sharky's), and from the canal you can rent really good snorkelling and scuba tours. So, the location is awesome. The staff were very nice and helpful too! Recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
keylargoresortsmgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Del Mar Resort And Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to review our property. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I am pleased you appreciated all the on-site amenities especially and friendly service.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We spent three nights here and It was adequate, but nothing special. The pool was nice, There is free breakfast, but it's primarily carbs and beverages. There is a check out process for towels and several times they were out and there was a wait (not a short wait) The front desk person on check in was nice and accommodating when my niece. needed to use the printer.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
keylargoresortsmgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Del Mar Resort And Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I am pleased you appreciated the on-site amenities and apologize for the delay for pool towels.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

This place wasnt as hard to find as i thought it was going to be.We were only there for one night but it was nice. The room we got had two queen murphy beds which was interesting and made for a lot of room when put up. I could see making this place my home base for several days on my next trip down. the convenience of the full kitchen and other amenities would allow for some money to be saved by cooking some meals. Parking isnt great, its park in whatever empty spot you find. so you may have to walk instead of a spot outside your building, but your in the keys so the walk is always nice. The breakfast area is busy in the morning and most people sit outside by the marina to watch whatever boats are heading out. Just a little walk to see the African Queen docked down the way.

Room Tip: Rooms with the dual queen murphy beds has lots of room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
keylargoresortsmgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Del Mar Resort And Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I am pleased you appreciated the wonderful amenities, both onsite and local, including the famous African Queen boat and our breathtaking view of marina. The accommodation you reserved, called a Studio Suite, is excellent for having the necessities of home while enjoying the amenities of vacation.

We hope to see you again very soon for your next visit to Key Largo. Thank you again for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This was an OK place. For the money it wasnt too bad. I'd stay here again, but its a diving buddy type place. On the plus side the bar at the Holiday Inn was walking distance and that was nice. Its a little off the highway but not hard to find.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
keylargoresortsmgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Del Mar Resort And Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed the on-site amenities during your stay.