If you're looking to snorkel or scuba from one of the many boat charters, I highly recommend staying near or at the marina. We went with Scuba-Do company and the boat was docked less than 5 minutes walking distance so it was very convenient for us. The hotel is also centrally located so the Publix and Kmart was just 4 minutes away, making it very easy to pickup food or items that you need for the day. There are restaurants all around the area, but my favorite was the Key Largo fisheries for their stone crab claws! It was only a 5 minute drive.
The hotel grounds were well kept, but small and parking filled up quickly. There was another lot for parking, which I believe was across the street. There is a pool and outdoor patio area to watch the boats pass through. There's also a small breakfast from 7A to 9A with cereal, fruits, pastries, etc.
Rooms were average size for 2 double beds, our bathroom was a bit small however. It was clean. Plenty of towels and small refridgerator was nice. We had a minor insect problem, looked to be ants or termites? near the bathroom sink. It was not a huge issue so I did not bring it up to management. We did not have a balcony or a marina view. I wish our room had at least a private balcony to hang our wetsuits and equipment to dry.
Price was fair. I booked through Scuba-Do, which was slightly cheaper than on the internet. The nearest competitor is the Holiday Inn and Courtyard, both are on the marina as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When it comes to relaxation, make Marina Del Mar Resort & Marina your first and only stop on the first Florida Key. Our hotel next to Key Largo’s largest deep water marina is a world away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life yet provides easy access to the area’s most popular attractions. Gather with friends while docked at our 77-slip marina. Enjoy a romantic escape with your special someone in one of our comfortable suites. Make family memories while splashing around in our sparkling pool. Our 76 pet-friendly rooms complement your Florida Keys vacation with a cool coastal atmosphere. From standard-size rooms to three-bedroom suites with full kitchen amenities, you’ll have everything for short or extended stays. Ideal for longer getaways, our largest suites also provide full living rooms, private balconies and queen beds to comfortably sleep the entire family. With our favorable location by the marina, it’s easy to partake in diving, snorkeling, fishing and other sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Marina Del Mar Resort And Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Del Mar Resort And Marina Key Largo Hotel Key Largo
- Marina Del Mar Resort And Marina Key Largo, Florida