Marina Del Mar Resort And Marina
MB at Key Largo(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$204
US$190
US$242
US$219
OceanPointe.com
  • Pool
Coconut Palm Inn(Key Largo)
US$213
US$180
US$142
HolidayInn.com
Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$226
US$161
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
The Pelican(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$148
Sunset Cove Beach Resort(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$186
Hotwire.com
All reviewsocean diversroom was cleanrestaurant next doorwatch the boatsdive shopfull kitchenlive musicafrican queenkey westan older hotelglass bottom boatbit datedpool area islaid backdivingkeysfishing
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Staff very helpful . Rooms very nice and reasonably priced . Very nice pool area . Free parking and good wi fi . Rooms are spacious and clean. Nice bar at the end of lane . It's a shame pool bar not operating .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

As a single guy traveling with my little dog buddy, this place was all I could ask for. The property understandably works to attract a lot of the diving crowd and, as such, some of the lower-priced rooms are probably a little more dormitory-like. I booked a king room overlooking the marina (#223 to be specific) and it was nice and clean with a microwave and one of those medium-sized refrigerators. I was there Tuesday-Friday in mid-June and parking was not a problem at that time, but the hotel was not full. There is a continental breakfast available, but me and the dog always walked over to the Key Largo Conch House for the early meal. Sharkey's, the dive bar next door, had very friendly service, decent beachy entertainment, pretty darned good food and a nice beer selection, notably a good IPA (Hop Gun) from Funky Buddha and a pale ale (Invasion) from Cigar City. Fishing and dive boats all right there. It may not be "uptown" but it's pretty down to earth.

Room Tip: I can recommend room 223.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Although this resort appears beautiful in the pictures, it is old, outdated and faded. The parking situation is terrible - not enough spaces for hotel guests. The Keys are a party place yes, but at 2 am the noise from next door (paper thin walls) and from outside on the shared balcony, was disturbing. Cars raced up and down the street most of the night. There is little to no visible security on the premises. The room was passable, but for the money - not worth it. No microwave and an old beat up room fridge that ran noisily all the time. The kid that checked me in obviously needed a lesson in good customer service. He seemed quite bored and less than enthused. (Although I did encounter a young woman behind the desk several days later a bit more friendly and willing to help.) There is an abandoned restaurant next door which really was very creepy. The parking lot you might be forced to use is several blocks away from some of the hotel units and you must walk to the hotel via an old boarded walkway which transverses the abandoned restaurant. Overall, if I had to give this a score from 1-10 I'd give it a 2.5. only because for the most part the room was clean. Hope this helps someone avoid a really disappointing stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank oneheart58
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I personally don't understand how anyone could like this hotel. BEWARE - The "double room" means 2 DOUBLE BEDs, not 2 separate rooms as it entails. Seems like False Advertising to me.

To start off it's parking area is TINY. Maybe 20 spots, and if you get there later in the night, there is nowhere to park. Don't even think about going out for dinner, because your spot will not be there when you get back.

Second, the beds are the worst beds I have ever slept on in a hotel. I have stayed at some "questionable" places, and these beds were worse. So hard, and uncomfortable. I have never had back problems, and yet the first night I slept there, my back hurt for hours after waking up.

The view could be nice, but there is a thick wall of palm trees separating you from the docks on the second floor. Paid the extra money for a "marina" view, and could barely see the boats as they went by.

Lastly, the area is lovely, but dead. In the middle of summer, there wasn't anyone around. It was almost like a ghost town, but I definitely see why.

Again, I have no idea why this hotel has all of the good reviews. I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: "Double Room" means 2 double beds No point in getting Marina View VERY hard beds Small room for 4 people, for the price.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Justin H
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were a group of 5 that got together for some diving with Ocean Divers, which is very conveniently located right next door. We rented a suite which had two bedrooms, one with a double bed and one with two twins. There was also a fold out couch and a Murphy bed, kitchen and two baths. When you split the price between 5 people it is really a good value and we really did not feel crowded. The maid was great about bringing us extra linens.
The pool was well maintained and clean with a large concrete pad and lots of lounge chairs. I have stayed here before and had a similar positive experience. I know they run a lot of specials with Ocean Divers so it would be helpful to ask ahead for this discount if you plan to do some diving. Being on the marina, they are very convenient to diving, fishing, etc. Overall very good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends