Marina Del Mar Resort And Marina
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Largo Resort(Key Largo)
View Hotel
All reviewsocean diversroom was cleanrestaurant next doorwatch the boatsdive shopfull kitchenlive musicafrican queenkey westan older hotelglass bottom boatbit datedpool area islaid backdivingkeysfishing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2011

Definitely dated but well maintained and comfortable. The location on the canal was delightful. We had a patio/balconey and was lovely to sit out and watch the boats go by. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Excellent value. Loved the Galley restaurant down the walkway - also on the canal. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank grasshoppermt
Reviewed 13 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel only because it was located right next to the marina from which boats that snorkel John Pennekamp National Park leave. I chose it because it was cheaper than some of the others and looked decent.

It was a decent hotel - nothing special - but certainly adequate. The internet is really only available from the lobby area but there are places to sit and it is quite pleasant. There was a large swimming pool too which I did not use but only because of time restrictions - it looked nice.

The only problem I had with the hotel is the same problem I found throughout the keys - the locals are kind of weird - they seem to both suck up and resent you at the same time and any time they get a chance to treat you like the disgusting tourist you are, they will take it. This was not a problem at this hotel (the receptionist wasn't really very welcoming but she did warm to you if you put in a bit of effort) but did occur in the restaurants adjoining the hotel, and in the dive boats a bit too, which makes spending time in them very boring.

I used the guest laundry here and enjoyed sitting by the marina and surfing the web while my clothes washed and dried. It was a very standard hotel but the location and free parking made it a very easy choice.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank mudskippa
Reviewed 7 October 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in Sept while on a diving vacation. It was a 5 minute walk to the dive shop on the other side of the marina. The employees were pleasant and check in was quick and we received a free room upgrade without asking! Our room overlooked the marina and there was a mini fridge and coffee maker. We had no problems with room service as some people have mentioned. They provide free breakfast every morning in the lobby which was convenient to fill up on before diving. The pool/hottub area was nice. My only complaint about our room was the lack of curtains in the windows. You had to close the shutters for privacy but then you had no light.
We walked to Coconuts next door and had drinks and appetizers which were good. There is another bar at the other end of the hotel but we did not visit it.
We will stay here again when diving in Key Largo.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2010

We really enjoyed our stay. Of the other choices for the Marina area (Holiday Inn, Ramada, Key West Inn) this place is the best. I stopped in all of the other hotels within walking distance and they did not have the genuine personality that Marina del Mar does. Stayed the busy Labor Day weekend so my husband could dive every day and the boats are a short walk away. The landscaping and views from your room are awesome. We had a huge studio suite with a full kitchen and wrap around balcony. The bed was VERY comfortable. Breakfast was just fine. The pool was great. Yes, there are a couple of issues - the place is somewhat dated and there are a few minor repairs/updates that could be made, but we got a great price through ORBTIZ with one night free.

The parking is definitely an issue during a busy time. There were a lot of parties going on, but security had them all quiet and dispursed by 10:30pm.

Sharkeys is next door and they had the BEST food at a great price - a hole in the wall place, but homemade delicious meals - we ate there every day. Avoid going to Coconuts - we ordered conch fritters and a daquiri and they were both awful. Overall, a great stay and when we return to Key Largo, we plan to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank katezooza
Reviewed 1 September 2010

I stayed in the hotel for 9 nights at the beginning of August to dive the various areas around Key Largo. I spent 8 days on dive boats with Ocean Divers which is right next door to the hotel and the dive operation at Ocean Divers is first rate. The diving was great and the boats were great.
The rooms at Marina Del Mar are a little dated but I found the room satisfactory. The bed was comfortable and the AC was fine which is good enough for me on a dive trip. The room also had a small refrigerator which allowed some drinks and snacks which was great for after diving while you were cleaning your gear.
The largest problem was trying to park anywhere near your room. They evidently planned the hotel with street parking in addition to the parking on property and the city has banned street parking. When the City cut street parking it looks like it cut the available parking to way less spots than the hotel has rooms and parking is a mess. If you get in your car to go out to dinner or go anywhere during the day you will not have a spot when you come back. If you have stuff to carry up to the room it is crazy. One other small problem was that the hotel does allow pets and the room next door had a dog that barked constantly until late in the evening. The owners left the dog and went to dinner and there is no way to turn in early when you have a barking dog in the room next to you.
The hotel also claims to have Internet service but it only works in or close to the lobby.
If I return to dive with Ocean Divers I will try to find a hotel with parking.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo