Rodeway Inn & Suites
US$125
US$114
US$227
US$213
MB at Key Largo(Key Largo)
US$238
US$198
Agoda.com
US$336
US$286
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Seafarer Resort and Beach(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$161
US$221
US$188
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

We paid $192 for a two king bed room and got two full beds and a toilet that falls over when you sit on it. The paint is peeling off walls as well. The beds are horrible. The floor feels like its going to fall in from the second floor. Check in was until eleven pm and the person that took our reservation not only took it ten minutes till but knew we were coming from key west. Im extremely upset.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank hainesandassociates
experiencedtravlerNe, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

This guest did not stay with us. They booked a last minute reservation through Hotels.com and
claimed they were told they had reserved two king beds. We do not have king size
beds at our hotel and would never tell someone we did. This guest has a problem with Hotels.com not us. They checked in, went to the room and then asked us for king beds which we explained we don't have and then they left with a full refund which we authorized Hotels. com
to provide. We did all we could for this guest, even staying one hour past our normal checkin time
(again which is fully explained on all websites) to accommodate them.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

This hotel is very cheap and you get, what you pay for. The rooms small, the breakfast a joke and the staff were indifferent. The pool lokked nice and were very warm, but not clean (a member of our party had a serious earinfection after using the pool, so be vareful).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
experiencedtravlerNe, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Our property offers the best rates in our area by far and our rooms are standard sized, similar in size to the other properties. We offer exactly what we advertise and our breakfast items consist of coffee, tea, three different juices, fresh fruits and bakery fresh muffins and doughnuts. Our swimming pool is clean and safe, and the water quality is tested three times per day as required , there is no way our pool contributed to any problems as claimed. ( It is more likely people have problems with sea water and snorkling/diving in the ocean off Key Largo.) We explained
exactly what we offer to these walk in guests and they had no problem consuming huge amounts
of our breakfast items. Our staff is always available and friendly.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

I booked this hotel at the last minute. Hotels were full because of the July 4th holiday, so I took a chance on the Key Largo Inn. The many negative reviews were alarming. I think that people gave unduly harsh reviews. Some people write reviews that are flat-out mean, because they are shielded by anonymity. I will try to give you an honest, balanced review.

This place is old and needs a general face-lift. It is what my parents used to call "down at the heel." Some of the interior trim needs to be replaced, and it definitely needs to be modernized. For example, there was no phone in the room. I have a cell phone, but it's still nice to have a landline in the room. There are no outlets in the bathroom which made drying my hair difficult, especially since I wanted to do it behind a closed door while my sister slept. There is no ice machine. Instead there is a cooler with ice in the lobby. There is no flat-screen TV, just a regular TV with a modest-sized screen. Not a big deal for me, since I preferred to read and write Tripadvisor reviews. There is a complimentary internet provider so you can use your laptops.

On the plus side, the room was clean and fresh-smelling. The beds had nice firm mattresses. There were no bugs inside. Folks--don't come to a hot, humid area if bugs freak you out. You will encounter bugs. If you don't, then your hotel has no doubt sprayed insecticides. You either get bugs or bug spray. Take your pick. Note: DO use bug spray such as Off! or Cutters if you plan to be outside at all--especially in the later afternoon or early evening. I took a late-afternoon walk at John Pennecamp State Park and made sure to spray myself. The mosquitoes are fierce on Key Largo.

The attendant at the front desk was helpful and recommended that we eat at the Pilot House restaurant which was an easy walk from the hotel. He did ask/remind us several times about the No Smoking policy--indoors or out. I suspect this policy has ticked off a few people and may account for the vitriolic reviews. The place was quiet. I was glad not to be surrounded by noisy partiers.

There is a small pool. but I did not go swimming. I really just needed a place to sleep for the night and that is what I got. The complimentary breakfast is bare bones: some pre-packaged muffins; fresh apples, oranges and bananas, small bottles of orange and V-8 juice. I went mainly for the coffee, even though there is a coffee machine in the room. I would have liked fresh milk instead of the creamers.

If you merely need a bed and shower, this place will do. To be honest, it was the last day of my trip and I didn't have a lot of money. I paid $117 for the night which was on the low end, given that it was the weekend before July 4th.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank susan n
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Thank you for your review. We pay close attention to all comments
made about our property to help us better provide our services. We
appreciate honest and fair comments.

For the record, however, all our guest rooms do have telephones, all
bathrooms do have electrical outlets (which are built into the over
mirror light fixtures), we purposely dispense ice from the office for sanitary reason and
similarly for hygienic reasons we wrap our bakery fresh muffins in
Saran wrap each morning, they are not pre-packaged. Our free breakfast items
consist of coffee, tea, orange juice, apple juice and v8, fresh
blueberry and cinnamon muffins, plus apples, oranges and
bananas.

A key feature of the Key Largo Inn is its smoke free position which
includes the entire premises and all outside public areas. Since
this feature is unique in our area, we try to ensure there are no
misunderstanding with our guests by mentioning this issue only two times.
Upon arrival our guests will be asked if there are any smokers in the
party, then at the very end of our check in procedure we quickly
review our no smoking, no pets and maximum guests per room policies.

We offer our services at the Key Largo Inn to provide clean, safe,
fully functional accommodations and an economic alternative to the other, newer
full service resorts in the Keys that charge minimally $100. more per
night. Finally, we use an odorless and non allergenic insecticide as part of our
pest control program. We have 24 hour staffing at our office but
limit check in time to between 3pm and 11pm only to ensure the quiet
comfort of all our guests. We similarly close our full liquor bar by 11pm for the same reason.

Reviewed 3 July 2012 via mobile

Returned to visit friends , price of the rooms are unbeatable for key largo especially with breakfast and a bar .

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Al A
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband and I had the unfortunate experience of staying at the Key Largo Inn this past week in order to break up our trip from the Orlando area to Key West. If we knew then what we know now we would have stayed in a different hotel or just driven straight through! First of all I want to state (because of the managements' prior responses to negative reviews) that neither of us is a competitor or a smoker. The first thing we did when we got to the room was check for bugs. Although the bed linens were clean the room had that run down scary bug infested look. No bugs found (whew!) but there was a skink lizard in the bathroom which I was able to chase out. Each of the "queen length" aka full sized beds had two pillows on them and scratchy overbleached sheets and a coverlet. The pillows underneath the pillowcases were flat and stained, mattresses were old with stains and rips. Bathroom was tiny and we refused to even shower in the morning, all we wanted was to LEAVE!!!! The tv was a big old one, no flat screen in this dump (for $90 a night I would expect not luxury but modern basics, fresh paint and linens, etc) and the "ice machine" is a cooler full of ice at the front desk. Between the management response to prior comments, the questions we were asked at check in, and the hotel infol in the room it seems the owner of the hotel is obsessed with the non-smoking policy. Again, we don't smoke at all, but chill out, most normal hotels any more are all non-smoking.

Room Tip: This is an old place right off highway 1, traffic going by all night so you will hear that no matter what room you got. Best advice is stay anywhere else. We paid in advance through Expedia and were tempted to sleep in the car!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ashbug124
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

If providing clean, fully functional, safe , secure, smoke free and bug free accommodations at $100 less per night than our competitors is wrong, we don't know what is right.
We ask all guests on arrival if any one is a smoker and then again at registration we ask guests to acknowledge that we discussed our policy about smoking, so the issue is addressed only twice. Unlike any other hotels that have non smoking rooms, we explain that we are a smoke free “property”, that is, smoking is prohibited throughout the property, even all outside areas. This policy is unlike other hotels which is why we explain it to our guests. If a prospective guest is a smoker, we are not the place for them. Our bed are not stained or torn, all mattresses have pads and we double pillow slip all our pillows, and replace them two times each year. We purposely dispense ice from the lobby since we were informed by State of Florida hotel inspectors that all hotel public ice machines are sources of mold, bugs, customer tampering and bacteria. For these reasons we purchase sanitary bagged ice and dispense it from a sanitary ice chest , under supervision, to ensure that our guests obtain safe, clean ice. If a walk in guests does not like our facilities and accommodations we never force any one to stay. We want all our guests to enjoy there stay and do everything we can to ensure that happens. FYI businesses have to pay Trip Advisor to post responses to anonymous comments like this. so we encourage honest and fair comments to help us better service our guests and continue to offer an economic alternative.