“DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We booked this hotel for New Years Eve, only because it was just about the last hotel with vacancies.... and now I know why! The only positive thing I can say about this run down hotel is that the bathroom was clean. Other then that, forget about it!
Peeling paint in the bedroom and bathroom. Old, musty smell in our room. There is no electrical outlet in the bathroom to plug in a hairdryer, curling iron, shaver, etc. I had to unplug one of the plugs from behind the dresser, which either meant my husband could not watch tv while I got ready, or else I had to unplug the lamp. Let's just say to have to do your hair in near darkness is not fun. To be honest, I was almost afraid to turn off the lights when we went to bed, since we had no idea what would be lurking in the darkness. What we DID see as we were packing our suitcase to leave in the morning was a HUGE ROACH walking across the dirty, stained carpet. For what we paid to stay here, they should be ashamed. That being said, it's your decision to stay in this dump..... all I can say is that you were warned!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Alison S
experiencedtravlerNe, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

We employ a comprehensive pest control program and as a result there are no bugs in our rooms unless a guest leaves the door open or brings a bug into a room. Our rooms are clean and fully
functional. Our cleanliness, prices and strict no smoking policy are the major features of our hotel.

We are not a luxury facility but rather a limited service, mid priced centrally located motor lodge.

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

A pool by The highway and worst breakfast ever,muffins,fruits,juice and coffee..they self thinks its acceptable. I can't see any positive sides beside the good WiFi reception and no bugs. I would try something else

• Stayed: January 2014
experiencedtravlerNe, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

As mentioned, we have no bugs and are centrally located in Key Largo offering a modest priced , clean, smoke free alternative to the other properties in the area. Our free breakfast consists of three types of juices, two types of fresh muffins, honey buns, apples, oranges, bananas in addition to fresh regular and decaf coffee, tea and hot chocolate.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Hotel is difficult to find at night although it is on the main highway. Price is good but room is tired and needs refurbishing. Staff are very pleasant. Used the hotel as a stopover on the way to Key west'

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I look always for non-corporate and family owned places to eat and stay on my frequent exploration of the country on my motorcycle. I stayed here last week for a night and it was delightful. It's an old place, likely built in the 50's or 60's but it's been kept up well. It's hidden and off the main hwy so seeing it from the road is nearly impossible. To be honest, the inexpensive price was what got me there but it was a pleasant surprise to meet the owner's son working the front desk and the room was super clean and nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Pmrphoto
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I've stayed six nights at the Key Largo Inn. I have had none of the problems other reviewers have mentioned.
Could it use a little cosmetic work? Sure. There's some cracked tiles in the bathroom and the rooms have drop ceilings. But come on! Six nights cost about $460. You just can't beat that.
The place is very clean, the beds are comfortable, and there's abundant hot water for showers. The owner and the woman at the front desk I dealt with were kind enough to let me check in a bit early to my room; after being in the same clothes for thirty hours, I could have kissed them. They were nothing but pleasant and helpful throughout my stay
The Inn is within easy walking distance of several reasonably good restaurants, as well as a Starbucks and Divers Direct, a huge scuba equipment store.
If you're looking for a comfortable stay without a lot of frills for a reasonable price, this is the place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank RJHinPDX
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Booked a room here thru hotel.com thinking it would be a sufficient place for a late night arrival to keys, before heading to key west in morning. I should have read reviews first but they were shockingly poor. Willing to judge for ourselves we arrived and asked to view a room. We were denied and this made the bad reviews seem true...it seemed they were trying hide something. We left and did not receive a refund. Hotels.com kindly offered partial refund. Bad decision to spend money here.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Blueskies06
experiencedtravlerNe, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

These guests did not register or check in. It's curious they were critical about our rooms, value,
cleanliness, etc without even seeing a room? We do require all guests to register before
giving out a room key. Because we are a complete smoke free facility we do not allow anyone
in a guest room after rooms have been cleaned and inspected except the registered guests.
We have nothing to hide, but everything to care for. If a guest after going to a room decides it is not to their liking, they simply need to return to the front desk in a reasonable time, check out and no charges will be incurred. Our legitimate, unbiased reviews speak for themselves.

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

I booked this motel with a package from Scuba fun, a diving spot just across the road. Found it ok and even stayed a night longer, as key largo and the reefs are really beautiful.
The key largo inn is a budget place. I had none of the problems described in other reviews, my room was quite and clean, and it was nice to chat with the owner while having a beer at the bar.

• Stayed: July 2013