“Great Hotel for the Price!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Key Largo
pembroke pines, fl
“Great Hotel for the Price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2009

We stayed there March 14, 09. The hotel room was clean, the pool area was nice, and the staff was very friendly. They had complimentary juice, coffee, and pastries in the morning. It was also quiet and I really liked the fact that they have all non-smoking rooms. The location is perfect if you're planning on going to John Pennekamp, and there are also some great little restaurants within walking distance.
For the price, you can't beat it. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chridenn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2009

We found the hotel to be neat and clean, pool was cute, grat price and especially the no smoking feature

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tripper026
Miami
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2008

This hotel is a privately owned property that is franchised with the Travelodge name. My wife and I stayed there for one night, while visiting a friend in Kay Largo. The humidity level in the room was equal to being outside. The air conditioning was present, but could not keep up with the outside humidity, so the room was "wet." The carpeting in the room was at least 30 years old, and heavily stained. The bathroom floor was the little ceramic tiles. There was stray hair on it, tub had mold on caulking, and the ceiling was literally rotting. Needless to say, my wife was so mad that I put her at this property, she would not speak with me. We wore our shoes (not sandals, but shoes for protection), on the room floor, and in the bathroom. Good luck with the "free breakfast" too.

• Liked — Freeway Noise
  • Disliked — Bathroom was unsanitary
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank KollegeKlubMadison
experiencedtravlerNe, GM at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 January 2009
Our hotel is not affiliated in any way with Travelodge
we have no idea where this comment originated.

The pool was resurfaced summer of 2008 and new bathtubs in Sept 2008.

Our hotel is clean comfortable and bargain priced. We do enforce a strict no smoking policy and most complaints arise from smokers unhappy about our strict policy of no smoking any where on our property.

Travellers are raving about these Key Largo hotels

Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2008

We were really disappointed in the place. It was run-down (but clean), however the pool was under construction and unusable; the outside door to the room had a big gap at the bottom (we put a towel there to keep insects and bugs out); the hairdryer didn't work; the wifi didn't work; there was no tv reception etc... When we booked this hotel the pictures posted on the internet looked quite different than when we actually got there. We had originally booked for 4 days but ended up only staying one night and going elsewhere for the other 3 days.

• Liked — Nothing, really.
  • Disliked — The false advertisement of their website.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank lmeser61
experiencedtravlerNe, GM at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 October 2008
The photos of the property on the internet do exactly depict the actual property and rooms. The wireless internet does work very well, as well as the satellite TV reception. The pool was closed for 4 days to allow for resurfacing and all guests were offered discounts or no penalty cancellations if the wished. Our hotel is regularly inspected and far exceeds the requirements of the State of Florida . As clearly described on the web sites, we offer the only no smoking property at the lowest rates in Key Largo.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2008

We stayed at the Key Largo Inn July 30 to August 2.

It provided us with a cheap place to stay while in the keys. It was at least $50-$70 a night cheaper during the time we were there.

The rooms were dated but overall very clean. The air conditioner worked well and we didn't have any of the problems with the bathroom that you tend to have with older hotels (i.e. the bathtub not draining well). The pool area was quiet, relaxing, and very clean.

The only complaint about the room was the carpet. It felt sticky and turned our feet black, so we just kept our sandles on.

Overall, we were pleased with our stay.
If you have kids and think you may spend time at the hotel, I would consider staying someplace else.
If you are looking for a cheap place to sleep, then Key Largo Inn should fit your needs.

• Liked — The low price.
  • Disliked — The internet service and only having 2 prong power.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank ltjcrew06
FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2008

I stayed here one night while my teens camped. The hotel is centrally located and reasonably priced for the area. It was an older room and the bathroom was not updated but VERY CLEAN! The pool was nice and quiet. Staff was kind. I would go again but not pay more than 150.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank curran17
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2008

WORSE HOTEL EVER! I paid about $70 for one night and would have still felt ripped off if I would have paid half that!

The "security" at night was very rude and inconsiderate when I checked in. I had called before I booked a night on-line to make sure that a late check-in would be ok. The office closed at 11pm but on the phone they said that it wouldn't be a problem. I called again the morning of check-in to remind the office and once again I was told that it was no problem. When I showed up the lady who was "security" told me to hurry up and get this over with. She told me I needed to hurry up and fill out the paperwork. Pretty much yelling at me the entire time I was trying to write my information down I was getting tired of listening to it. I asked her if I should go somewhere else because I was such an invovience to her. She told me go ahead but you will still be charged.

When I entered the room I felt like I was in a jail cell. It was a small dirty room that was comparable to the cleanliness of a garage. I felt dirtier after being in the nasty shower. I went to get a soda from the maching by the pool and it was hot from baking in the sun all day. There was not one positive about this experience.

NO PERSONAL SKILL FROM THE STAFF
DIRTY, OLD ROOMS
HORRIBLE PARKING
BROKE SODA MACHINES

• Liked — Convienent Location
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank KikiLotta
experiencedtravlerNe, GM at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 October 2008
This review fails to explain the real cause of the issue, namely that the hotel does not discount rates if a guest arrives late in the evening. Our rooms are clean and fully functional. The overall property is well maintained and we do as mentioned offer late checkins after hours. As a policy , though, we do not offer a discount for the late arrival.