“Wonderful time on the water”

Florida Bay Outfitters - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: A Specialty Paddling store providing kayak, canoe and paddleboard eco-tours and rentals in the Florida Keys and Everglades National Park since 1991. Our waterfront location allows our customers to demo top brand boats and paddling equipment from Hobie, Current Designs, Wilderness Systems, Ocean Kayak, Wenonah, Hurricane, Old Town and more... We also offer paddling instruction and repairs.
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We rented kayaks for two days and explored the mangrove islands on the ocean and bay sides of the island. The 2nd day we tried out the Hobie catamaran sailboat and loved it.Also went on a little SUP paddle in a nearby creek, which was very cool. Frank and Monica run a really nice shop with gear and boats for every kind of activity. Don't miss this place if you want to get out on the water and enjoy the Keys!

1  Thank Todd T
There are newer reviews for Florida Bay Outfitters - Day Tours

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We did the Island Tandem (basically a kayak with a sail on it) and it was AMAZING- one of the coolest and most fun things my husband and I have ever done on the water! We are definitely looking into buying our own. The service was great, the guy and gal took a good amount of time explaining how everything worked and answered all of our questions - they were really nice and laid-back. The price was very, very reasonable - we will definitely come back here for all of our water sport needs!

Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

Stopped by inquiring about SUP the young lady at the shop was so informative gave us a great amount of information seeing that we were looking at buying one. Instead we decided to rent one for the day the board was in great shape and good quality paddles. My girlfriend had never been on a SUP so the young lady at the shop was great on giving her a quick lesson and we were off. Definitely recommend FL Bay over the rest. Service and quality was far superior!!!!!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This has become our kayak/paddle boarding stop in Key Largo with each visit. I never thought to write a tripadvisor review on an activity. I then realized, this is a must as this place does it right. They are quick to get you setup and will answer any questions you have. The products they rent are top of the line. The paddle boards are in excellent condition. Much better than other places we rented from. They will deliver to your location as well. In fact, they pretty much will deliver where ever you want the kayak or boards. For me, I am happy just paddling right in their back yard. My advise is paddle at their base location if you are a first timer. Once you are confident, have them drop off in Pennekamp so you can enjoy the miles and miles of mangroves. The water is crystal clear to the bottom. You will see lots of fish and lots of birds. I actually do both. I do trips through the mangroves, and trips at their location just to burn calories so I can eat more.

Randy

2  Thank rtorres21
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Whenever we kayak in an area for the first time we like to use a guided tour and Florida Bay Outfitters (MM 104) were top rate. Our tour guide, Cynthia, took us on an enjoyable kayak tour starting in Garden Cove and winding through several mangroves and across the bay. She was a great guide, very informative on the wildlife, mangroves, and history of the area. She made sure that everyone felt safe and had a great time. The 3 hour tour went by quickly and was well paced (we never got tired but never were bored). They provided water and an energy bar (and time to take water/snack breaks). We got to see a stingray, nurse shack, jellyfish, barracuda, and several birds. It was really peaceful gliding amongst the mangroves (it felt like you were in the middle of nowhere but you were just a short distance from shore). Overall, I could not think of a better way to spend the afternoon in Key Largo.

3  Thank sdavi