“Awesome day”
Review of Rodeo Charters

Rodeo Charters
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Offshore,Deepsea,Reef and Backcountry/Everglades fishing charters.Come fish with us on our 43 ft. custom charter boat and enjoy plenty of cock pit space a giant salon, fly bridge or the tranquility of our 24 ft. Scout Bay Boat. Families welcome. Enjoy a great day with us where you can learn how to catch Sail fish, Dolphin, Tuna, Wahoo, Snapper, Grouper and more. Fishing the Keys Since 1973. Best regards, Capt. George Jr. and Capt. George Sr.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Awesome day”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My son and I spent the day fishing with Captain George. We had a great time. We fished a number of areas until we found ones where the fish were biting. George made sure we were successful. George was patient and knows his stuff. When we got back we went to Sundowners Restaurant where they did an excellent job of cooking the snapper we caught. A great day in the Keys.

Visited April 2014

Knoxville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Biggest snook I ever caught”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Captain George is a true pro!!! I have fished, with guides, all over Florida and George is one of the best. He truly loves what he does and especially loves teaching kids. We caught jacks, sea trout, snapper, lady fish, and snook all day long. I would recommend captain George and by the way I caught the biggest snook of my life on this trip.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jim M
George C, Owner at Rodeo Charters, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
You guys are great and thank you for fishing with us again yet another year. I'm always happy to find good folks great fish. I can't wait to do it again next time.
Waterloo, Nebraska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great deep sea fishing ”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

My 11 year old wanted to go deep sea fishing on our trip to Key Largo. Captain George and his 2 man crew could not have been more kind and helpful. Riley caught several yellow tail tuna which Captain George recommended a restaurant The Galley to have them prepared. Outstanding. We will fish with you again. Nice crew. Large boat.

“Great time”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Just got back from a fishing trip with George and his two mates. The fishing was great! We caught multiple Amberjacks. George and his mates were awesome guys to be around and they really knew what they were doing! My family and I all had a great time!

Visited March 2014
Good Thunder, Minnesota
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Everything I hoped for”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My requirements for a good day of fishing require fun companions, fine equipment, and some fish.
Add to that an expert guide and LOTS of fish and you have a GREAT day. Cap'n George provided all of that and threw in great weather to boot. George took me out the third and fourth Mondays in February, a half day with my wife and solo for a 3/4 day. Before our initial trip George asked what we wanted to do and I told him to do what he thought would give us the best chance to catch fish. He suggested shallow reefs were producing well and the results were everything I had hoped for.
We caught more fish than we could count and a bewildering variety of species, starting with a Permit on my first cast which even surprised George. My wife's "best" catch was a 3 foot Moray Eel, mine a nice size African Pompano.
A week later I went alone and after middling success on several reefs, we made a run to one he felt the tide would favor and we had several hours of what I thought was great fishing. Even the skipper was unsure just how many we caught 20, 30...... Tops for me were not one but two Bonefish. The "the ones that get away" always add some mystique to a day on the water and we had a few. George had a steel leader bitten off. The strongest fish I had on "released" itself after a spirited fight. And another good fight resulted in an 8" Porgy which we found to be pretty well crushed when we brought it into the boat. The fun thing about this kind of fishing was never knowing what you were going to bring to the boat next.
I mention the value of a good fishing partner and George is that. Very concerned with our enjoyment. Very concerned with the welfare of his (and our) resource--- the sea and it's inhabitants. Great boat, excellent tackle. After watching him bait us I had to try it myself, not used to having my hook baited for me, though I had never bitten the tail off a live shrimp. He tolerated me though he did it for me every chance he got.
And if you are a baseball fan ask him about the game in general and his history in the game. You will have plenty to talk about between fish or while running to a new spot.
I recommend a 6 hour trip over 4, gives a little more time for movement and maybe more fish.

Visited February 2014