Sunset Cove Beach Resort
US$278
US$258
Hampton.com
US$281
Coconut Palm Inn(Key Largo)
US$246
US$168
Travelocity
US$188
US$171
Seafarer Resort and Beach(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$218
US$207
US$380
US$336
Travelocity
All reviewsanimal statuespelican roomtiki suitebayside grilltiki hutthe cottageslaid backlive musicpaddle boardsrestaurants and barsfront officefree kayaksold floridakey westsmall beachfree breakfastrobin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Out side of road noise, we were close to the highway, this is a great relaxing and CLEAN place. Wonderful "Kid" animal statues. plenty of space to grill, lay in the sun and kayak. If your'e looking for upscale luxury this is not for you. If you're looking for a fun , clean, relaxing and friendly place to be a base for Florida Key activities you can't get any better. We're coming back!

Room Tip: Close to the bay is better than close to the road.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I had reserved a cabin at the Sunset Cove Beach Resort on line for one night on our way to Key West. We arrived late in the afternoon and were assigned cabin #8. It is a small "mom and pop" motel with cabins on either side of a road that runs perpendicular to the main road (Route 1) and runs down to the water's edge. There are several units that actually face the water and they seemed like they would have been fine. What we didn't realize was that we would be so close to the highway which had semis traveling it all night long. In order to try to drown out the noise of the trucks, we tried the air conditioner and it was so loud it was even more annoying....and when you weren't listening to either of those, the toilet dripped constantly. The unit we stayed in is the only one I can speak to but based on other more recent reviews there may be others that are in similar disrepair. After walking down the street to have some dinner, we returned to find the television did not work...cycled through colored screens and the wifi gave us the message "out of range". When I tried to call the office (around 8:30 p.m.) the call went to an answering machine. I reported our entire experience to the clerk at the office in the morning and she apologized but that w3as about it. Did it kills us to stay there? No, but it wasn't free...$140.00 for one night. At the price, I couldn't even say...well you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: If this is a place you are considering staying at, make the reservations directly with the resort and request a cabin AWAY from the highway.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2013

The Sunset Cove Beach Resort is a nice little retreat away from the hustle and bustle. This is definitely a place for "low key" easygoing vacationers. Not a fancy place. The grounds are very clean and neat - with a beautiful outside Tiki Hut to sit at and have your evening drink or your meals. The rooms are small - but pretty clean. The small beach area has chairs, kayaks, paddle boards (hourly fee for those). Nice restaurants within walking distance. Can hear the band from the open bar next door while sitting by the beach.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank funinthesun1955
Reviewed 8 March 2013

If you're looking for cheap and convenient - and don't mind sacrificing glamour - this is the place for you. The landscape is mostly large statues that look like they escaped from a putt-putt golf course, mixed with tiki huts. It's right on the beach; although not all rooms/cabins face the water. Our room had a VHS player and they offer free VHS tapes (remember, I said kitchy, right?). The bathroom was so small that my head and knees stuck out the door. The room door fit so poorly that wind rattled the shades on the window.
It was clean, the bed was comfy, it's a laid-cak kind of place. It made a good story.

Room Tip: One of the rooms is actually an old airstream trailer!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed here one night on a girls trip through the Keys this past week.
We are very easy going when we travel and take the good with the bad and get something positive out of anything. Seriously.. there was nothing positive here with the exception of the warm weather and the outdoor band we were listening to on Feb 22nd from the bar/restaurant next door.

We knew this was an older typical Keys kind of place - we weren't looking for opulence or top of the line, but we didn't expect:

our beach cottage to be just a room with double and twin bed - walls were dingy, the window air conditioner was a 747 airplane in my ear all night and we HAD to have it on all night to keep the moldy musty smell at bay. The bathroom was SCARY. Not big enough for barely one person and the door didn't close all the way.. probably due to the humidity.
The tile was stained and cracked and the grout was black and the shower was something I saw once in a horror movie. Rust stains everywhere. The shower curtain was old and musty and stained as well. It was a very conscious effort not to have your body touch it while showering.
It seemed like the bathroom was added on to the room as an afterthought. Right next to our bathroom was a public bathroom - so it was a bit un nerving to hear people just on the other side of the wall at all hours of the night.
The beds were lumpy.. the pillows were the flattest I have ever seen.

Their continental breakfast was coffee and OJ but the peice de resistance were the muffins and patries that were more than likely bought at the local gas station weeks ago off the shelf. You know the kind.. the 2 for 99 cent deal no name cellophane wrapped artery cloggers.

We paid $140 for one night. It isn't worth half that.

Now, I am not a person that demands creature comforts and I rarely complain as you get what you pay for.
I expected it to be clean, comfortable and not have a 1970's window airconditioner keep me up all night. I expected the bathroom not to give me nightmares.

Now, there were other 'cottages' here of course and I don't know what they were like so it could be that we got the short end of the stick.. but I doubt it.

This was our first trip to the Keys, so caveat emptor.. spend the extra money to get a clean room elsewhere.
Save yourself the headache.

Room Tip: Do NOT choose Deep Six. That is the pink 'cottage' we had. Stay away from it!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends