“Great” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Horizon Divers

Horizon Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Horizon Divers is a family owned and operated, full service dive center located at MM 105.8, Bayside, in sunny Key Largo! Our dive shop is open seven days a week from 8am - 6pm. We offer two daily trips at 9am and 1:30pm, both are two tank/ two location trips and night dives on Saturdays. Our philosophy is this: this is your dive trip, so make it how you want! We allow our divers to set our schedule, and with three vessels we have the possibility to meet divers' needs. We dive the coral reefs of Pennekamp State Park and the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary. We also feature weekly dive trips to the wrecks of the Spiegel Grove, the Duane and the Bibb. Looking for tech trips? We got you covered, running to the deeper wrecks of the Upper Keys! We have guest gear storage facilities so that you may store your gear throughout the entire length of your stay. We have plenty of rental scuba equipment and technical dive gear if you don't have your own. We offer rinsing facilities and showers, and a custom designed 45' catamaran dive boat, a 30' Island Hopper, and a 27' Grady White. Both of our dive boats are also available private charters and sunset cruises. We are a full-service dive shop offering quality recreational, technical, and professional training. You can enroll in a course when it fits YOUR schedule! Whether you are looking for a discover diving course, beginning a full open water class, looking to broaden your skills with an advanced course, we offer it all through accredited courses from PADI and TDI training agencies. In addition to great scuba dives, classes and training, Horizon Divers can train you to be a scuba instructor! Horizon Divers offers scuba dive instructor training for PADI and TDI certification to anyone looking for personalized attention from our knowledgeable instructors. With years of industry experience, our PADI instructor development course is a great way to learn scuba diving from a world-class facility and development program. Looking for a place to stay? In addition to our dorm-style lodging upstairs of the dive shop, our guests can book hotel rooms at discounted prices at several of the major hotels in Key Largo as well as in Homestead, only 20 minutes from the island. Horizon Divers is a family owned and operated business, and we pride ourselves on outstanding customer service. If you would like more details, please give us a call or check out our website. We look forward to hearing from you and hope to see you soon! Thanks, and Happy Diving!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I did two dives with Horizon on French Reef. The whole team from booking through to returning to dock were great, and I would highly recommend them.

Visited September 2013

Troy, Michigan
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“1st class operation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

I Have been diving 10 years and dove with many dive shops. I did 4 dives with them last week and each one was memorable. We too a guide ( Scott ) who really went the extra mile to show us the whole reef. We dove the speigel grove wreck the next day and our guide ( Gary ) was just as awesome. Great boat, great crew. and they have the cutiest divemaster in the Keys Raisa Cant want to get back down there

Visited September 2013
Newark, Delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Snorkeling too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

I am rather timid when it comes to the ocean. But heck, I was in the keys - I wanted to get out there on the water and see some wildlife! So, I booked a snorkeling tour with Horizon after researching carefully who I should utilize. I went out on the larger of the two boats on a beautiful late August afternoon. It was GREAT. Captain Troy was just as nice as could be and the dive master, Stephanie, was very patient with snorkelers and divers alike. I was very impressed by their professionalism at all times. She helped me with my gear and encouraged me into the water. I did it - I got in! Now I think I want to learn to dive, so I will definitely be returning to Horizon for that!

Visited August 2013
Dallas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Really Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

We were staying at a resort a few miles away. The dive shop there had to cancel one of our dives, so they referred us to Horizon Divers. This was the first dive trip my son and I had been since we were certified. These folks were great!!!! They were friendly and patient. The boat crew was upbeat, professional, and made us feel at welcome. I highly recommend this establishment.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank jgordy
Glastonbury, Connecticut
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Big Boat Diving Comfort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Many people tout the personal experience of diving from a small boat. For us, a large boat works better.

Horizon divers has two boats and we were on the large boat for all our dives. This is a catamaran so it has great stability and is distinctive when you are trying to figure out which boat to surface to. The bid boat has a marine head and a large dry box so your non-dive gear stays dry. They don't jam in the tanks so there is always an empty tank holder between divers' tanks. This makes setting up your gear easier, especially for the second dive when the boat is rocking.

Horizon divers does not pamper you by changing out your gear or guiding you on your dive unless you pay extra. That's okay by us. I'd rather change out my gear because it keeps this knowledge fresh.

All the crew members and shop staff were friendly and helpful especially on our first trip where my buddy wasn't able to change her tanks due to seasickness. The dive master on board swapped out her tank.

Horizon divers has a large storage locker to stash your gear overnight. This is very convenient. We were able to hang our BCDs, regulators, and fins. Everything dried out over night.

The only shortcoming is that the pricing is confusing and I never did fully figure it out. Horizon divers has discount packages for 3 and 5 dive trips but I couldn't tell if the cost of the tanks was included in the cost of the dive trip. This is something that I will clarify with them before our next trip.

Visited August 2013