“Key Largo first time diving there”
Review of Horizon Divers

Horizon Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Horizon Divers is a family owned and operated, full service dive center located at MM 105.8, Bayside, in sunny Key Largo! Our dive shop is open seven days a week from 8am - 6pm. We offer two daily trips at 9am and 1:30pm, both are two tank/ two location trips and night dives on Saturdays. Our philosophy is this: this is your dive trip, so make it how you want! We allow our divers to set our schedule, and with three vessels we have the possibility to meet divers' needs. We dive the coral reefs of Pennekamp State Park and the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary. We also feature weekly dive trips to the wrecks of the Spiegel Grove, the Duane and the Bibb. Looking for tech trips? We got you covered, running to the deeper wrecks of the Upper Keys! We have guest gear storage facilities so that you may store your gear throughout the entire length of your stay. We have plenty of rental scuba equipment and technical dive gear if you don't have your own. We offer rinsing facilities and showers, and a custom designed 45' catamaran dive boat, a 30' Island Hopper, and a 27' Grady White. Both of our dive boats are also available private charters and sunset cruises. We are a full-service dive shop offering quality recreational, technical, and professional training. You can enroll in a course when it fits YOUR schedule! Whether you are looking for a discover diving course, beginning a full open water class, looking to broaden your skills with an advanced course, we offer it all through accredited courses from PADI and TDI training agencies. In addition to great scuba dives, classes and training, Horizon Divers can train you to be a scuba instructor! Horizon Divers offers scuba dive instructor training for PADI and TDI certification to anyone looking for personalized attention from our knowledgeable instructors. With years of industry experience, our PADI instructor development course is a great way to learn scuba diving from a world-class facility and development program. Looking for a place to stay? In addition to our dorm-style lodging upstairs of the dive shop, our guests can book hotel rooms at discounted prices at several of the major hotels in Key Largo as well as in Homestead, only 20 minutes from the island. Horizon Divers is a family owned and operated business, and we pride ourselves on outstanding customer service. If you would like more details, please give us a call or check out our website. We look forward to hearing from you and hope to see you soon! Thanks, and Happy Diving!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This was a quality dive outfit. I dived twice in Fort Lauderdale with one very lackluster experience. I was glad I picked these guys off the internet randomly for two days of diving. Both days were with Captain Mike who reviewed all safety features of the boat, a first for me, and was clearly focused on diver safety. The boat mates were good and helpful. I dove the Duane on an awesome day with a guide name Hugh, who was very professional and excellent, I did not realize he was my guide on the second day when I dived the first day, and he helped me out with my BCD straps and a problem just because I asked. Really good expereince, and I recommend these guys.

There are newer reviews for Horizon Divers

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We were really badly welcome. Then we asked if our children could stay on the boat while we would dive and they charge us 50€ per kid!! The woman at the desk was rude and money oriented! Don't choose this place!

5  Thank nellabanc
HorizonDivers, Manager at Horizon Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2017

Thank you for your feedback nellabanc. We appreciate it in our efforts to continue to improve our service, and customer's experience.

Let me apologize for any rudeness. The lady your are referencing no longer works for us. I assure you all of our staff is friendly, and glad to assist our customers at all times.

Children of divers are a very difficult issue we have to address from time to time. Our boat captain's can not be responsible for young children while their parents are diving. We also prefer parents to be with their children while they are snorkeling, or hire one of our instructors as a guide for them while they snorkel and the parents dive. It puts our staff in very difficult position if their is an issue with a child while the parents are underwater.

Hopefully once your children are old enough we can help certify them as scuba divers.

Jeff
Head Instructor
Horizon Divers

Reviewed 27 February 2014

The office staff is efficient and professional and the boat crew helps people out of the water and into the water. The Boat crew picks the best spots for diving in Key Largo, Florida. Always a great time diving with Horizon Divers. The office staff are also certified scuba divers with many dives in the Key Largo Florida dive sites with a great knowledge of the dive sites. They also are spot on when stating the diving conditions. The snorkeling is great also on the reef sties. I have done this personally I was able to see many fish the reef and a sea turtle also a shark. I would without question say this is the best dive shop in Key Largo Florida. Get diving get certified or do some snorkeling now. VERY FAIR PRICES. :)

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Oops, thought I posted before but WOW, another great trip! I was here in July with my daughter and came back with my brother-in-law. We dove for three days - a mixture of recreational and technical dives.

I could not have asked for better service. The crew gave good briefings and explained how to dive the various sites. They also helped us back on the boat, took our fins, bungeed our tanks, etc. On our one deco dive, Captain Troy took special care to make sure we entered and exited without getting in the way of the recreational divers and vice versa.

Everything operated very smoothly. I will defintely use Horizon Divers again. You can not go wrong with these guys!

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Great place! Jeff is a great guide . Great crew! Water was very rough, crew made the best of it . I got seasick and could not dive. My buddy did two dives with Jeff , and has rubbed in how great it was all day ! Felt well informed and well takin care of . Will be back , and would highly recommend .