“Amazing Cracked Conch & Friendly Folks”
Review of The Key Lime Cafe

The Key Lime Cafe
Ranked #3 of 139 Restaurants in Key Largo
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Nothing fancy , just good seafood and burgers .
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Based on the great reviews on Trip Advisor, a friend and I stopped here for lunch during a dive trip to Key Largo. First off the shop is interesting and has a neat selection of colorful pottery and metal and wood carving art outside, and lots of key lime based products indoors. We ordered at the cafe and then went inside to browse the shop and pay for lunch. We talked with the owner and other staff and everyone was super friendly and interested in where their customers are visiting from, etc. I ordered the cracked conch and my friend ordered fish tacos. This was my first experience with cracked conch, although I've had conch fritters and conch ceviche numerous times. The cracked conch was amazingly tender and lightly battered, with a panko type breading. It was tender and delicious, not too oily and served with cole slaw, fries and a very good dipping sauce. My friend remarked that his fish tacos were some of the best he's ever had. Great value for your money here and delicious food! Although it looks like a simple, unassuming snack bar, this lady turns out some superb food and she's very friendly, so much that we saw her at the supermarket later that day and she stopped to say hello. :-) I'll definitely be back the next time I'm in KL.

1  Thank audirockz

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

my two children and I went in after a long day's drive, we looked for a good place to eat and saw that this place was number one on TripAdvisor pulled in and saw the small cafe so quaint with 5 well decorated picnic tables beautiful pottery and a whole inside with key lime goodies,. Don't know how she does it, the shop was so busy and just amusingly fun people were everywhere it took us awhile to get our food that boy was it worth it was the best fish tacos and Cracked conch.we've ever had we've been to the Bahamas and it says good.will definitely make this a stop again ,people just be patient she has a small kitchen...but the food is out of this world

1  Thank Jeanell A
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant based on tripadvisor reviews. The food was good. The service was ok. The cook/server was flustered because she was busy. She ran out of several things. Again she was flustered but then was rude to customers after us. It was not what we expected .

2  Thank dpt517
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We were making our way to Key West from Miami and were hungry for a quick bite. I looked on trip advisor for a place to stop off in Key Largo and found this place rated #1!

The place has a lot going for it. The menu is small and means that they have had time to perfect their meals. But, there was only one woman cooking and taking orders. She was obviously overwhelmed. But, when we went to order she explained to us that there were 4 orders in front of us so it would be 20 minutes to even place an order.

We meandered inside the store to grab a drink. When we paid cash and they asked for exact change from the two women working behind that counter. We were well... Over it.

Just a note to the staff, experience is everything. And ours was not great. Sorry we missed all the good that everyone was talking about.

We did have piece of key lime pie from the inside store and it was okay.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Key Lime Cafe lived up to its reputation of a funky cafe with good fresh food. Outdoor seating and great personal service. Nothing fancy here. Just perfectly fun and delicious. We had fish tacos and conch fritters and a key lime smoothie!
D. McIver