“Excellent stay and will definitely return again and again!!”
Review of Amoray Dive Resort

Amoray Dive Resort
Ranked #3 of 17 Key Largo B&B and Inns
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent stay and will definitely return again and again!!”
Reviewed 4 February 2011

My husband and I decided to take a spur of the moment trip to enjoy the Key Largo Seafood Festival. I called the day before hoping that they would have rooms and was told no problem. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised since I had only seen the online photos. They did not do it justice. The beachside seating area was a wonderful place to enjoy the sunset and the fireworks for the Festival. The room was wonderful and spacious. We met many new friends and will be coming back for a longer stay the next time we are in Key Largo

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TMcCorkle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Finnish first
Miami
Reviewed 31 January 2011

One month ago I called and made a reservation for a one night stay, Walt, who answered my call, explained that there was a 2 night minimum stay. I didn't need two nights because I do the MS bike ride from Miami to Key Largo and back to Miami the next day. He told me he was happy to waive the two night minimum because times were tough and they were happy to have the business. He took my credit card and I got my confirmation number. Today, I got a call that my reservation had been canceled. I called back and they told me they got busy and could replace me with someone who would stay for 2 nights. I asked to speak with the owner and she would not come to the phone. I've called several times and she is always busy. Guess Amy Slate doesn't realize that poor customer service ruins a business quickly. Hope her decision to cancel a bunch of people doing the MS ride was worth it!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank maryow
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 21 December 2010

Amoray is a 10 out of 10. They treated me and my wife like family. Our boat captain, Justin, was extremely knowledgeable and took us to incredible dive spots. If you are looking for a quaint and laid back place to go diving and just relax, you should definitely give them a visit.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
cowboy321, Manager at Amoray Dive Resort, responded to this review, 31 January 2011
Hi richardhornsby,

On behalf of the Amoray Team I would like to thank you for your review of your visit with us, and your diving trip on the "JIT". I have passed on to Justin and the team your compliments, which always makes their day. The outcome of your visit here is what makes our jobs so fantastic!

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you back in Key Largo in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,
Amy Slate's Amoray Dive Resort
Gaylord, MI
Reviewed 19 November 2010

This was a return visit for me and first time for my wife. We both had a great week of diving and stay at Amoray. We took the PADI Underwater Navigator course. Our Instructor, John C. was excellent. The sunset views off the sea wall and deck area at Amoray are fantastic. The entire staff at Amoray were great: friendly, helpfull and did what ever they could to make us feel comfortable. As I said this was my return trip, and we are already planning on a November 2011 stay at Amoray Dive Resort.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 19 November 2010

This is a small resort totally geared towards diving. Perfect place if you're primarily interested in diving & then kicking back and enjoying the sunset. Not so much if you're looking for resort-style amenities such as shopping, clubs, and restaurants (although there is one club and several restaurants within a 10-minute walk). Many of the negative comments on this site reflect unrealistic expectations. Remember, a 5-star PADI rating does not necessarily equate to a 5-star Frommer's, Forbes, etc. rating. The place is a little dated but clean, and the staff is great. The dive boat is basic, but adequately equipped, well maintained, and well run. We stayed in room W2B, which has a fantastic balcony with oversized hammock and swing overlooking Florida Bay and the boat dock. We could walk down the steps and right onto the boat. Overall, it was a great stay and we definitely plan on returning.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sealawyr
N. Ft. Myers, FL
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We were recommended to stay here by someone we know. I called for a last minute reservation and was only offered one room at what I thought was a high price for off season. It was already late in the afternoon and I didn't want to take my chances of getting to Key Largo and having no where for us to go with our 2 young children, so I accepted his offer. I didn't need anything with a fridge, micro or added amenities. Just beds for 4, a shower & toilet and clean. When we arrived the resort outside was everything you would expect a Keys resort to look like. We found our room and were a little shocked to find out that we were sharing a porch with our neighbors. That porch, with it's promised view was the selling feature of that room. Next, the cleanliness of the accomodation was less than stellar. It looked as if a dirty mop had been shloshed around the floor with hairs and fragments of debris left in corners. It was very damp inside and had an odd odor even with the a/c running. In the morning my tote bag had that damp feel to it and it was set on the table overnight. I have lived in S. FL for 22 years and have never had dampness with a/c running.

Where the tubs edge met the floor of the bathroom, the floor was cracked and looked as if the tub was going to fall into the floor. There were rust stains in the tub and mildew stained grout on the shower wall. Definately could use some updating.

In the kitchenette, the refrigerator was stuck into a space that was obviously built for something else as there was about 3-4" extra on either side. It just looked odd.

The politeness of the staff upon checkout was great. In the hotel's defense, I never mentioned to them my displeasure in the room or the value of the room. I guess I expected more from the room since I paid so much off season. The next night we stayed in Key West in a 2nd floor, ocean view with free breakfast & a pool for 2/3 of the price of this place! Oh, it was spotless too!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Tracy K
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 17 October 2010

We had a group of 7 - 5 divers, 1 non-diver, and 1 small child - everyone had fun! This is such a beautiful, relaxing, and affordable place. Rooms were great, diving was fantastic, and staff was very helpful. Ask for John - dive instructor, mate, and office staff - he made our stay awesome! Captain Jacob was great, too - his detailed knowledge of the dive sites made our dives! Can't wait to plan another trip there soon!

• Stayed October 2010