“Great place”

Mariner's Resort Villas & Marina
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed 7 May 2013

You could tell this place was built when the economy was booming. So what you get is an underpopulated beautiful gated condo. The pool is as good as the pictures, and perfect for kids. The balconies are huge, the condo's themselves are top notch, and clean. Nearby diving, and restaurants are excellent too.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 May 2013

I booked a single for me & wife on 4-5-13, but she got sick & had to b hospitalized. I called 4-7-13 to inform them to cancel the reservation. I talked to woman named Stacy, who informed me , that I would not receive a refund, due to cancelling without 7 days notice. I continued to talk with Stacy, who finally said they would refund the money, provided written proof of hospitalization. this info was faxed approx. 4-12-13. I received the money on 5-3-13, after repeated calls. needless to say , I won't be staying there in the future!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bob K
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I cannot begin to emphasize how unpleasant my stay was this time around at your resort. As you may show on your records I reserved two townhomes for my relatives and I to have an annual family reunion. This is the fourth year in a row we stay at the Mariners and most definitely the last one. We had an extremely rude security guard during the Friday night shift whom accused us twice of “sneaking” people into our rooms. We are extremely decent people who have never had attention called in any resort for such a thing. I complied with all the rules and regulations sent to me by the resort when I did my reservation. The gentlemen was giving everyone an extremely hard time to go into the gate, when in fact the names were on the list.

Not to mention that he went to knock on my door a quarter to 12:00am accusing us that there were more people than allowed. This was completely untrue. While knocking on the door the babies that were sleeping downstairs woke up. At that time everyone in both units were asleep. This is completely unacceptable.

I paid for my two townhomes to have a pleasant experience not to be harassed by a security guard whom got to the point of questioning why I was dropping off my sisters by the marina. I felt imprisoned and questioned rather than on vacation.

If the rules for the homeowners association are strict to the point of making guest uncomfortable then Mariners should not be advertised or rented as a resort. It should solely be a residential community. This situation was not only awkward but totally out of control.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Helens L
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I would like to say that it was superb experience! Our unit was at the first floor. Very spacious and nicely decorated (everything looks like newest one). Cleaning was done at high level. Kitchen was equipped by everything you need (including microowen, toaster, blender and even means to wash dishes). We have not problem with AC, TV, wifi and hot water. Pool and jacuzzi are very nice. Nature scenary is fabilous. Chek in and check out were very fast. It was a real pleasure to get rest here!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Irina Z
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Fantastic property, there were 10 of us, this house had 3 floors and we had 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms and there were 3 families, top floor had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, middle floor had a double bedroom, bathroom, large kitchen and lounge dining area and the bottom floor had a bedroom, lounge area and bathroom, the house was spotlessly clean and the resort was lovely. 2 pools which were gorgeous and lots of restaurants nearby, we loved the restaurant just by the back gate where they had a singer every night and was right by the water. We had a great holiday which was booked through Barefeet Rentals in Key Largo and their service was brilliant, I would recommend them and use them again

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Had issues with our air conditioner not working in the master bedroom. Thank goodness it wasn't too hot out. Just a few other little issues but overall it was very nice! We had a lot of fun in the pools and hot tubs! Wish there would have been a table and chairs out on the lanai.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Ewydendorf
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

The resort grounds and landscaping ate great. Views of the water and pools are fabulous. Only issue was floors in town home were dirty. Don't think they had been cleaned well in a while. However, that said the resort is in great condition, it was just this unit that was lacking. Could use some redecorating!!

• Stayed: April 2013