I stayed in June, and despite the room discount that I was given the value for money was poor. The first night I was in one of the road side rooms. The AC was loud, but the noise from the two lane highway was even louder! A little money to put in insulated windows, modern AC and this room would be OK.
The next day I was moved to an even smaller room a little closer to the beach. There was no where to hang clothes, the room was just as tired as the previous one, and I was over run by ants.
The refrigerator was very loud, so in order to get to sleep I had to turn it off at night.
'Breakfast' consisted of a help yourself galley of pre packaged processed sugary food, and machine coffee, or bread and a selection of jam and peanut butter.
Staff interaction was limited, although one member of staff did have a bunch of his family members over to fry fish on the beach, which would have been a great opportunity to interact with guests, unfortunately the guests were relegated to the other side of the beach and treated as an inconvenience.
This property has so much potential, but the owners do not seem to be interested in encouraging long stay guests, or investing in improvements, or even tidying the place up. What a shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All 32 of The Pelican's clean and quiet cottage rooms offer different options for relaxing and enjoying all that the Florida Keys has to offer. From experiencing the unique, laid-back bayfront atmosphere, to trying your hand at world-class sportfishing, diving and snorkeling , you are sure to find an activity that suits your tastes. And if that sounds too active, head to our small bayfront beach, where you can enjoy glorious sunsets, gentle breezes, a nap in a hammock or watch manatees and dolphins play. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Pelican reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hungry Pelican Hotel Key Largo
- Hungry Pelican Key Largo
- The Pelican Key Largo, Florida