The Pelican
Key West Inn(Key Largo)
US$227
US$213
MB at Key Largo(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$190
US$258
US$219
OceanPointe.com
  • Pool
Coconut Palm Inn(Key Largo)
US$213
US$198
US$156
HolidayInn.com
Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$228
US$161
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Sunset Cove Beach Resort(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$186
Travelocity
All reviewsthe cottagesbeach dazeconch roomkey westsmallest roomold floridawaterfront suitefree kayaksparrot fishboat rampbreakfast arealaid backspent one nightfantastic locationbreakfast was includedscreened in porchmac's kitchen
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I spent two of the most relaxing days of my life at The Pelican and have only one complaint. I didn't stay as long as I wanted to but I will remedy that soon by returning. Even though my room was clean and had everything I needed to be comfortable, I was in it only long enough to shower and sleep due to being drawn to the beautiful outdoors where I was able to relax and sit on the dock and watch some of the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets and nap in the hammock in the back yard. The view was amazing.
The staff was courteous and made me feel more than welcome. No question about where I will be going every chance I get.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shirley J
keywesters, General Manager at The Pelican, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

We are pleased that your expectations were met and your kind words about the staff and property. We look forward to your next stay with us!!!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

After flying from one snow storm to another, The Pelican was just what I needed to escape the harsh reality of February. I loved my room (Beach Daze)! It had a full kitchen including dishes, pots and pans, and a large bathroom with big fluffy towels. It was very clean with the quaint atmosphere one would expect in the Keys, and even had unexpected amenities like flat screen tv’s and free wifi. Everything I needed was right outside my door including the free coffee/ breakfast and Mrs. Mac’s restaurant. The staff was courteous and professional and the price was reasonable. Outside the screened porch, a sandy back yard with chairs, benches and a hammock led to the two docks…great for sunning and watching the sea life. Returning to the yard, I felt very comfortable napping in the lounge chair in the shade. The small islands across the bay are home to pelicans, egrets and falcons, and early morning dolphin visitors were frequent and fun. The view was totally amazing and the sunsets were nothing short of awesome! The Pelican was nothing fancy…just pure and simple laid back relaxation. Need I say more? I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed one night...definitely a very tiny room...unfortunately the walls are very very thin and this made for a less than enjoyable experience. The layout of the property is wonderful and it is a great concept...pretty cool tiki hut and a nice breakfast offering but the amenities just dont make up for the room. definitely not one I would repeat...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mw579
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed here in February of 2012,in the smallest room (Helconia) they had. The room itself was tiny,but all I needed to crash and get cleaned up. Perfect for what I paid. If you plan on spending your time in the room,I would not suggest this room,and would suggest you choose another. The property itself is beautiful. Don't miss the sunsets ! There is a nice layed back bar & grill (Bayside) 2 doors down.

Room Tip: Choose your room wisely,as some are quite small.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank GovMule
Reviewed 30 December 2013

First off, as others have warned, if you're looking for someplace fancy, keep looking. That's not the Pelican. Then again, it's also not what the Pelican claims to be. What the Pelican IS is a low key, relaxing place in a location that's second-to-none.

We stayed for 3 nights in the smallest room on the property -- the double bed took up virtually all of the floor space. There was also a shower big enough for two, a fridge, and a microwave. This was really all we needed, as we spent most of our time outside, anyway. We picnicked on the bed, then sat on the dock and watched the gorgeous sunsets and the sea creatures playing: we had visits from a pair of dolphins, lots of fish, and plenty of jellies. All of this plus free wifi, kayaks and a canoe, morning coffee, and ample air conditioning for $60/night seemed like the bargain of the century to us.

If you are looking for small, affordable, and local, look no further! And, be sure walk next door to have the champagne breakfast as Mrs. Mac's while you're there!

Room Tip: The website descriptions are accurate, and even include square footage for the smaller rooms so you know what you're getting.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Eandb2505
keywesters, General Manager at The Pelican, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

We appreciate your honest feedback and are glad we met your expectations. As you noted, the website descriptions and square footage are intended to guide guests to the type of accommodations they are looking for. The waterfront suites are more expensive but provide more comfort for an extended stay in the beautiful florida keys!