Three friends and I spent 2 nights at the Pelican. The staff was very friendly and attuned to the needs of visitors. We stayed in the adjoining rooms, Pineapple and Bird of Paradise. The furnishings were old and eclectic in style and bathrooms were lacking in space and had drainage issues. One bathroom shower had nowhere to put soap, shampoo, etc. Having said that, the setting is beautiful and relaxing. We enjoyed sitting in the Tiki huts for conversation and admiring the bay and birds. Since we spent little time in the rooms, we felt that we were able to enjoy of flavor of the Keys without the invasion of modern hassles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All 32 of The Pelican's clean and quiet cottage rooms offer different options for relaxing and enjoying all that the Florida Keys has to offer. From experiencing the unique, laid-back bayfront atmosphere, to trying your hand at world-class sportfishing, diving and snorkeling , you are sure to find an activity that suits your tastes. And if that sounds too active, head to our small bayfront beach, where you can enjoy glorious sunsets, gentle breezes, a nap in a hammock or watch manatees and dolphins play. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Pelican reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hungry Pelican Hotel Key Largo
- Hungry Pelican Key Largo
- The Pelican Key Largo, Florida