What I wanted: something cheap to share with a friend.
Location: perfect location in walking distance to several dive shops and restaurants.
Room: stayed in Sunburst. 1 double bed. very clean looking and smelling. air conditioner and ceiling fan. only needed the fan at night. As mentioned in prior reviews the room is small, but perfect for my needs. very quite.
cute crushed white rock and bouganvillas lining the cabanas and walk to the dock. the resident Blue Heron followed us down the dock. Very curious. very friendly staff. sat down with us and went through the Keys map and marked recommendations for us. nice communal spaces to sit and drink or have breakfast. Breakfast offered make your own waffles, toast, fruit, 3 kinds of cereal, a Nescafe machine, tea, and muffins. Much more extensive breakfast than I expected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All 32 of The Pelican's clean and quiet cottage rooms offer different options for relaxing and enjoying all that the Florida Keys has to offer. From experiencing the unique, laid-back bayfront atmosphere, to trying your hand at world-class sportfishing, diving and snorkeling , you are sure to find an activity that suits your tastes. And if that sounds too active, head to our small bayfront beach, where you can enjoy glorious sunsets, gentle breezes, a nap in a hammock or watch manatees and dolphins play. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pelican reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hungry Pelican Hotel Key Largo
- Hungry Pelican Key Largo
- The Pelican Key Largo, Florida