Tarpon Flats is a gem of a place to stay! Tucked back in a neighborhood, it feels more like going to a vacation rental home than a hotel. When I arrived, I was greeted like a friend and shown to a wonderful room. I was surprised to see that it had a full kitchen, living area and bedroom. Like a small apartment.
The Inn is on Largo Sound, which looks like a giant lake. It was wonderful to start every day sitting on the sandy point watching the "lake" come to life while I had breakfast and coffee. And just as wonderful to sit there in the evening and watch the sun go down. One night I went to Sundowners for dinner to watch the sunset. Just that brief time at a crowded resort made me realize how lucky I was to have the peacefulness at Tarpon Flat.
I went to Key Largo by myself. The people who live on their boats in the marina welcomed me right on in. They invited me to eat with them, took me out in their boat, invited me to a yoga class on the point and made me feel right at home. I came by myself, but left with new friends.
Buzzard's Roost was my favorite place to eat. Fishing on the Fin Razor was AWESOME! Go to the dock (near the Holiday Inn) when the boats come in to see more fish in the water than you will on the reef. Sharks, rays, and a variety of fish hang out to eat the left-overs.
One thing I would do differently is to rent a boat. Key Largo is a place to be on the water, not near the water. But I will definately go back to Tarpon Flats!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tarpon Flats.The Best location in Key Largo. Oceanside next to Pennekamp State Park,Snorkeling and Diving the Reefs, Christ of the Abyss, Spiegel Grove and other wrecks, all nearby, Fishing thru Adams Cut to Back country. Bonefish and Tarpon fishing in Largo Sound from our free kayaks or reef fishing for grouper snapper on the reef out front or just beyond for sail, wahoo, and marlin in the Gulfstream. Get picked up at our docks. Everglades adventures and eco tours by by land or sea. No smoking rooms. Caribbean ambience suites in a Tropical Setting. Private Beach with hammock and pool. Tarpon Flats Features Free wireless Internet,Free Kayaks,BBQ Grill, Full Kitchen,Great for small Gatherings.Do it All... Dive,fish,kayack,explore,...Or...Do Nothing at All... Just Relax and Conch-Out at Tarpon Flats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Tarpon Flats Inn & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tarpon Flats Hotel Key Largo
- Tarpon Flats Inn & Marina Key Largo, Florida