Not a hotel or your standard motel. More like bed and breakfast but without breakfast. Booked through Expedia which includes continental breakfast but was told by owner Gilda that this is not correct and for us to call Expedia ourselves. Quite disappointing as it doesn't take much to put on a simple continental breakfast, even if it is some cereal boxes and milk in the lodging. We booked it around wifi and free continental breakfast as there's so many others around here to choose from with these offers. Room is self-contained with kitchen facilities and a mini lounge room. Only 4 rooms to this homestyle approved lodging. Right on water’s edge of a small marina, lovely quiet spot but no beach access. Really need a car to get here and to get around. Not possible on foot to walk anywhere or by public transport hence not convenient for all international tourists unless you hire a car. Free high speed wifi. Quite a task looking for this place, had to ask 2 locals for assistance. Bed comfy but pillows aren’t. Teeny tiny bathroom. Only 1 towel hung out when booking was for 2. They have kayaks and bikes for use. Away from everything so if this is what you want, then great.
We hired a standard car with National on arrival at airport. Got instructions on how to get out of airport to head south from car company. Really easy and clear. Drove to Key Largo to rest for the night before heading to Key West the next day. This lodging is on MM (mile marker) 102.5 which is 102.5 miles from Key West. Suggest you get directions from them before heading out there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tarpon Flats.The Best location in Key Largo. Oceanside next to Pennekamp State Park,Snorkeling and Diving the Reefs, Christ of the Abyss, Spiegel Grove and other wrecks, all nearby, Fishing thru Adams Cut to Back country. Bonefish and Tarpon fishing in Largo Sound from our free kayaks or reef fishing for grouper snapper on the reef out front or just beyond for sail, wahoo, and marlin in the Gulfstream. Get picked up at our docks. Everglades adventures and eco tours by by land or sea. No smoking rooms. Caribbean ambience suites in a Tropical Setting. Private Beach with hammock and pool. Tarpon Flats Features Free wireless Internet,Free Kayaks,BBQ Grill, Full Kitchen,Great for small Gatherings.Do it All... Dive,fish,kayack,explore,...Or...Do Nothing at All... Just Relax and Conch-Out at Tarpon Flats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tarpon Flats Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tarpon Flats Hotel Key Largo
- Tarpon Flats Inn Key Largo, Florida