Arriving at the beautiful Tarpon Flats Inn at nighttime, my husband and I were already struck by its quiet beauty and still, peaceful charm. What initially struck me was the calmness of this tucked-away little piece of Key Largo. We spent a relaxing night, and in the morning, were greeted with a most spectacular sunrise over Largo Sound. Breathtaking!!
Though this inn does not serve breakfast, I would suggest biking over to the Hidden-Out, which is just around the corner. This is a local breakfast spot that would disappoint only the most high-maintenance customer. It is Old Keys perfection, take it from a woman who grew up in South Florida! Alternately, if you like to cook, head to Publix grocery store, and utilize the room's excellent kitchenette. We cooked a spectacular dinner, served dockside with a bottle of champagne. Now that is the life! The little beach provided us a perfect place to wind down, swaying in the hammock and enjoying the sounds of the natural surroundings.
It was wonderful to take out the kayaks and experience the Sound, where we spotted so many beautiful birds, fish, and porpoise. I have heard that manatee are frequent visitors in the lagoon behind the inn.
It is my opinion that this is how the Keys were meant to be experienced. If you want a big, luxury resort, well, this is not your place. There are plenty of bigger resorts to choose from. If you want a charming, small, quiet getaway where you will be left to enjoy the pristine beauty of the mangroves at your leisure, stay at Tarpon Flats! You will not be disappointed. Rose, the manager, is so warm and welcoming. I can't wait to go back to our hidden gem!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tarpon Flats.The Best location in Key Largo. Oceanside next to Pennekamp State Park,Snorkeling and Diving the Reefs, Christ of the Abyss, Spiegel Grove and other wrecks, all nearby, Fishing thru Adams Cut to Back country. Bonefish and Tarpon fishing in Largo Sound from our free kayaks or reef fishing for grouper snapper on the reef out front or just beyond for sail, wahoo, and marlin in the Gulfstream. Get picked up at our docks. Everglades adventures and eco tours by by land or sea. No smoking rooms. Caribbean ambience suites in a Tropical Setting. Private Beach with hammock and pool. Tarpon Flats Features Free wireless Internet,Free Kayaks,BBQ Grill, Full Kitchen,Great for small Gatherings.Do it All... Dive,fish,kayack,explore,...Or...Do Nothing at All... Just Relax and Conch-Out at Tarpon Flats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tarpon Flats Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tarpon Flats Hotel Key Largo
- Tarpon Flats Inn Key Largo, Florida