Azul del Mar is a cool little property on the main highway in Key Largo (but once inside the property, you can't hear the highway at all). The property envelopes you in old, mature tress as soon as you enter the driveway. There is plenty of green space, with picnic tables and a grill if you want to cook there. They also have two tiki huts with furniture and CD players where you can hang out and enjoy the day or the sunset. They have a small man-made beach (big enough for about 6-8 lounge chairs) and a dock with a few more lounge chairs. Don't miss the sunset! The view from the beach or the ocean facing rooms is great.
The staff was very friendly and helpful with recommendations, directions, etc. They have a library of movies in the office that you can borrow (for free) and watch in your room. Note that the office has limited hours -- 9-12:30 in the morning and 3:30-7:00 in the evening if I remember correctly. We were only disappointed once with a recommendation of a snorkel trip that wasn't the greatest.
We were there mid-week so they upgraded us to a more expensive room than we had booked. It was very nice. Extremely clean, king size bed, marble in the mini-kitchen (small fridge, microwave, sink, coffee maker, dishes and and dishwasher), and nice, modern furniture in the living room. This particular room (Aquamarina) also had an extra couch in a little sunroom facing the beach. The view was gorgeous and we spent a lot of time there. The only two things they could improve would be the t.v. (very small and hanging high so it's not that comfortable to watch from the couch) and the water pressure (very low in the shower). All-in-all, I would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azul del Mar is an exquisitely renovated boutique hotel nestled in a tropical garden on Florida Bay, Key Largo. The five stylish suites boast marble floors, dark wood furniture, mustard leather sofas, granite counter tops and ice blue bathroom tile. Feather down comforters and the best all cotton linens add a romantic quality to this secluded getaway. Ideal for sailing, diving, fishing, kayaking or simple relaxtion, Azul is Key Largo's best kept secret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Azul del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Del Mar Hotel Key Largo
- Azul Del Mar Key Largo, Florida