“More then just a Visitor Center”

Florida Keys Visitor Center
Ranked #10 of 71 things to do in Key Largo
More attraction details
Owner description: The Florida Keys Visitor Center can help with accommodations up to 50% off rack rates...we can set up with any water activity you want to do in all of the Keys and Key West. We have t-shirts and souvenirs and give out FREE MAPS of the Keys . ONE STOP SHOP to give you a stress free vacation.
Key Largo, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“More then just a Visitor Center”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This visitor center not only can help you book hotels in all of the keys and Key West at 60% off they will also make arrangements for any kind of water sport you would like to do, from just a boat ride out on the water to scuba/snorkling/waterskiing/ sunset wine tasting...they have it all. To add, they have a whole side of retail with t-shirts to towels and sunglasses and sun dresses at the lowest prices around. Its the first stop once you come off the bridge in Key Largo, it has the yellow semi submarine in their parking lot. It also has these awesome big chairs out front thats great for your photos. Stop in and get your free map and check out what else they offer.

2 Thank cheryl f

Hamilton, New Jersey
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“this is NOT the state welcome center.”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

1 toilet each for men and women so this meant a long line waiting. T shirts, magnets, other tourist junk that you find at a privately owned tourist trap that declares itself the welcome center. The real star run center is 1/2 mile past.

4 Thank Sebastiano S
AV8RMAN, Manager at Florida Keys Visitor Center, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Hi my name is Cheryl and my husband and I are the owners of this visitor center. I apologize if you were under the impression that we were the Chamber of commerce which is 1/2 mile past us. We are a Visitor Center and as you can see we are a very busy establishment. We provide information for anything and everything to do in the keys and Key West. We can book rooms for you and set you up for any kind of water sport if you like. We also have brochures and free maps and coupons and all kinds of information that you can just pick up. Our employees are there to answer any of your questions about the keys. We do offer souveniers and trinkets you can pick up just like any other shop up and down the keys that you see. I apologize that your experience with us wasn't what you expected and would always welcome suggestions to make it better. Thank you for stopping in and hope the rest of your trip was good.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude incompetent employee”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

After standing around for 10 minutes and being ignored by Kenni and employee by the name of Jacqueline walked in with their lunch. She asked if she can help me and proceeded in helping me. Kenni instructed her to help someone that was going to make them money (there was couple trying to make reservations). I felt offended because is comment was aimed towards me as i only had questions to ask, no reservations. Jacqueline told him she was doing her job and helping all customers, he started bickering nonsense to her. He then came and opened up her lunch and started eating out of them. She asked him to please not eat her lunch and his response was "shut up, you stupid idiot" I, along with other customers were in complete shock that this man treated this woman like that in front of all these people. Jacqueline was extremely helpful with me and apologetic that we had to go through that. I was the one that felt bad she had to work in that type of environment. This man is clearly in the wrong industry and does not realize he is working on providing customer service. I called Keith who is supposed to be the owner and he never answered my call. I be making a formal complaint to Monroe County.

1 Thank Karen C
AV8RMAN, Owner at Florida Keys Visitor Center, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
I would like to apologize to you or any other customers that may have heard a conversation between my employees that should not have been said or heard. I was made aware of the situation and have made the 2 employees aware that this has been put on trip advisor. Our goal is to provide information for any and all guests that walk through that door, whether it's booking hotels/ water sports or just answering questions about different restaurants/ parks/ beaches tourist attractions. Our goal is to provide travelers with the best answers to their questions and make their vacation a care-free and fun.
I'm very sorry that you had this experience in our center and can guarantee that it will never happen again.
Fort Myers, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Informative employees who go out of their way to help”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I needed help finding a room in Key West for Memorial Day weekend. KARIN knows the in and outs of all the hotels in the area. Helped me ON HER DAY OFF to find a terrific room meeting all my specifications. Thank you so much!

Miami Beach, Florida
“Awesome Help!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Came into the Florida Keys and stopped in at The Visitor Center in Key Largo and i'm glad i did!!
They were so friendly, helpful and informative....Karin who works behind the counter took the time to really search for the perfect place for me and my husband.We weren't disappointed!! Once we booked our place, Larry ,who takes care of the water sports was also very helpful and explaining all the different and enjoyable things to do in the Keys.We had soo much fun!!
This place is a god sent, because we got great service and great prices!! Definitely will go again! :)