“Information you get is not accurate. They take 25% of the top.”

Florida Keys Visitor Center
Ranked #11 of 72 things to do in Key Largo
More attraction details
Owner description: The Florida Keys Visitor Center can help with accommodations up to 50% off rack rates...we can set up with any water activity you want to do in all of the Keys and Key West. We have t-shirts and souvenirs and give out FREE MAPS of the Keys . ONE STOP SHOP to give you a stress free vacation.
Deerfield beach
“Information you get is not accurate. They take 25% of the top.”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Bad experience. I got a boat tour that hand stops that never happened. Couldn't back out because I paid up font at the information center. When I got to the place I realized how much I overpaid.

Visited June 2014
AV8RMAN, Owner at Florida Keys Visitor Center, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
I would like to know what trip it is that you were booked on and what happen. Its our policy that we never charge the customer one dime over the cost of the ticket of the walk up price. The deposit that you paid 25% should of been off of the walk up price, in order to reserve your seats. I will look into it on my side. If there was a difference in price, I would like to refund you your money.

We also have to make sure the trip is what was told to you by our sales staff. If it was not then you need a full refund.

Thanks,
Management

Atco, NJ
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Caution”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

There are two Welcome Centers. Very close. This is the first. They led us to believe by booking a hotel with them it would be cheaper when in fact it was $60 more then if I booked it through Trip Advisor. Check your Smartphone Trip Advisor first before booking.

The second welcome center is by the Chamber of Commerce and this is the one you should go to.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank DennisDowhy
keywest
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“TAKE THE TIME TO STOP HERE.”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Karin was the best. We thought key west was sold out due to a festival. The only rooms available started at 450.00 per nite.
Karin was very pleasant giving and helpful. Room on Duval for 2 nites at a very reasonable rate

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Wedo1000
Key Largo, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“More then just a Visitor Center”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This visitor center not only can help you book hotels in all of the keys and Key West at 60% off they will also make arrangements for any kind of water sport you would like to do, from just a boat ride out on the water to scuba/snorkling/waterskiing/ sunset wine tasting...they have it all. To add, they have a whole side of retail with t-shirts to towels and sunglasses and sun dresses at the lowest prices around. Its the first stop once you come off the bridge in Key Largo, it has the yellow semi submarine in their parking lot. It also has these awesome big chairs out front thats great for your photos. Stop in and get your free map and check out what else they offer.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank cheryl f
Hamilton, New Jersey
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“this is NOT the state welcome center.”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

1 toilet each for men and women so this meant a long line waiting. T shirts, magnets, other tourist junk that you find at a privately owned tourist trap that declares itself the welcome center. The real star run center is 1/2 mile past.

Visited April 2014
4 Thank Sebastiano S
AV8RMAN, Manager at Florida Keys Visitor Center, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Hi my name is Cheryl and my husband and I are the owners of this visitor center. I apologize if you were under the impression that we were the Chamber of commerce which is 1/2 mile past us. We are a Visitor Center and as you can see we are a very busy establishment. We provide information for anything and everything to do in the keys and Key West. We can book rooms for you and set you up for any kind of water sport if you like. We also have brochures and free maps and coupons and all kinds of information that you can just pick up. Our employees are there to answer any of your questions about the keys. We do offer souveniers and trinkets you can pick up just like any other shop up and down the keys that you see. I apologize that your experience with us wasn't what you expected and would always welcome suggestions to make it better. Thank you for stopping in and hope the rest of your trip was good.