“I am sorry but....”

The Fish House Encore
Ranked #12 of 142 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: This Property is Temporarily Closed Due to Hurricane Irma, closed until further notice. We will reopen again at a later date with a new exciting concept.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I must have missed something compared to all the high reviews this restaurant has in TA. I found the service, way below expectations. We had to ask for bread and water. I ordered oysters Moscow which tasted very much like natural moysters. They had no added taste to it and they were very small. My wife had a yelowtail which she ordered blackned but came with a delicious sauce. Her fish was oustanding, great taste. I orderd a lobster roll, nothing to brag about. In my opinion the service is what make this restaurant warrant a 3 star. Owned by the same people as next door The Fish House. Nice patio dining arfea with a good breeze enhanced by several outdoor fans. If you want to eat well order the regular Florida fish and hope for better service that I received.

1  Thank Josebsan

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We went to the "Encore" location of the two, based on our group of 12 people needing a reservation, and the 1st location not accepting reservations. We sat in the backyard outside, which was awesome! Way better than the dark inside on a beautiful evening! Cute yard with bar and lights etc. We ordered some really delicious apps (sushi rolls, crab cakes, salad) and we all had excellent fish entrees for dinner. My 1st hog fish, prepared with the tomatoes, capers etc house specialty way. Delicious!! We did have kids, who had no trouble finding things to eat, and the staff was friendly to them with crayons etc and accommodated our "card games" and "mini checkers" at their end of the table. Foodwise: top notch. In key largo there are definitely nicer outdoor spaces by water, but this was still worth the trip!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

YUM! The best meal we had in the Keys. While we thought we were going to the Fish House, didn't realize the Encore was right next door. Didn't matter, the food was fabulous...best meal in the Keys. I had the broiled platter with lobster, scallops, shrimp and mahi. Delicious!

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

If you want to have delicious dinner, excellent service and friendly owners you should choose this restaurant!
Все было супер, изумительно вкусно, очень приветливые хозяева. Наелись вдвоем от пуза всего за 50$!

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Ate at Encore tonight with my wife. Off season here so we walked right in. The place is very nice and our waiter Josh was outstanding. We ate at Encore last year so were anticipating a fine meal and we were not disapointed. We started with oysters and then scallops Santa Fe. The scallops were perfectly cooked and bedded on an andou sausage and today point. Very rich and very good. Our main courses were the stuffed shrimp a d grouper. The fish was obviously fresh and the portion sizes generous. An outstanding meal.for the same price as a mediocre meal elsewhere we got a first class meal and service.