“Diving with Rainbow Reef”

Rainbow Reef Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 122 Tours in Key Largo
Port Charlotte, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diving with Rainbow Reef”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is the second time my husband and I have dived with Rainbow Reef and both times it has been a great experience. The crew was very nice and accomodating to the passengers. We had Jarard (hope I spelled his name right) for a guide and he was wonderful. Very in tune to how the people he was in charge of were diving. He also went out of his way to find things to point out to us. We saw a couple of nurse sharks, a green moray eel and watched a stingray eating. Very cool. I expect nothing when I go down except to be a guest in the life of things living under water so to see all that was a bonus. We will be diving with Rainbow Reef again.

Visited November 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great in every aspect!!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Let me first begin by saying that the staff was incredible. Although we were on the boat with 15-20 people, we were always called by name and the staff went out of their way.

The boats were well equipped and the operation was very professional. The briefings were always informative and the dive guides were excellent. We saw sea rays, sea turtles, and a shark. Thank you Rainbow Reef, Rachel, and Jardin.

San Diego, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Dive With the Best”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We spent Oct. 5 - 19, 2013 in Key Largo. Did 10 days of of 2 tank dives with Rainbow Reef Dive Center. This is one of the few dive operations that provides a dive master, as a guide, during your dive, 'at no extra charge'. This is a big plus as far as we were concerned. Unless you are diving on one of the large wrecks the maximum depth is about 35'. Most of our dives were about 50 - 60 minutes long in 82F-85F water. The crew aboard, the well appointed, dive boat boat was very helpful, changing your tanks between dives, if you wanted them to do it. They were very friendly and attentive to the people on the boat. Even with a full boat of divers you never felt crowded or cramped for space. We found Owen Palmer, instructor rated, to be a very knowledgeable, funny, charismatic and helpful. I wanted to get my Underwater Navigation Certification, while there in Key Largo, and through his coaching I not only got my Navigation certification, I got my Advanced Open Water Certification. The staff was young and energetic. Congratulations to Kevin who lead his first dive group while we were there. Good job! If you dive Key Largo, dive with Rainbow Reef Dive Center, you won't go wrong.

Visited October 2013
Atl
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Final Dives with Rainbow Reef”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Our family took a trip to Key Largo last weekend (Oct 11-15) to complete our PADI Scuba Certification by doing our 4 Open Water Dives. We were referred to Rainbow Reef by SeaVentures in Alpharetta, GA. And, based on that recommendation and the rave reviews on TripAdvisor, we decided to book with them. We were lucky enough to have been assigned Niki as our Instructor for the time we were there.

My husband has been certified for a very long time, but because the whole family was not certified, we could never dive together. So, myself and my two little girls (ages 14 & 15) decided to go through the PADI Scuba Diving Training and get our C-Cards. We were all 3 very nervous about going out into the open water, especially me! Having Niki as our instructor could not have been a better match. From the time we met her in the pool the morning of our 1st dive, we felt comfortable with her. On top of the fact that she is very knowledgable, and safe concerning all of the rules, she is very patient and no question is too stupid to ask. She was fun and encouraging and we were so lucky to have had her!! We really wanted our final dives to be a fun and positive experience, Niki made that happen. As we were leaving Rainbow Reef on the last night, one of my daughters said "I feel like we are saying goodbye to a friend we will never see again".

I wish that I could remember the names of everyone in the crew both days that we went out. Because, from the minute our feet stepped on that boat we had people helping us get our gear ready, getting us waters, and ensuring we were comfortable before, during and after the dive. I cannot say enough about how helpful, polite and accommodating everyone at Rainbow Reef was to us.

On top of everything, the diving was amazing. Obviously we were busy doing our CheckOffs for our training, but in between we did get to see many different fish including Barracuda, Marbled Grouper, Nurse Shark, Spotlight Parrot Fish, Angel Fish and several different species of tropical reef fish. One of the highlights, was when Niki showed one of our daughters how to pet a very large stingray that was trying to bury himself in the sand.

We couldn't find anything negative to say about our weekend with Rainbow Reef if we tried. Top Notch outfit and we highly recommend them to anyone...getting Niki as your Instructor would be a very special bonus for you!

Visited October 2013
Dallas, Texas, United States
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great dive operation!!”
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dive day with Rainbow Reef. Their crew, dive boats, and equipment are top notch!!

If you are anywhere in the area, this operation is the one for you!!