“Fresh Local Fish”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We love the fresh sushi. The ginger salad and the miso soup are the best in town. The restaurant is a "hole in the wall" and has never been dusted. But we are local and have been eating here for 20 years!

1  Thank tee b

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I've been here a couple of times and have never been disappointed. From appetizers to sushi to meals, this place is phenomenal. A little language barrier, but staff worked to assure right order. They went out of their way to make sure our guests were happy... and they were.

Sushi was fantastic. Give it a try.

1  Thank Laurie K
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I can't say enough good things about this place! We sat at the sushi bar and saw the sushi chef making a delicious concoction, it was the stuffed tuna ( which is not on the menu), we started with that and ordered a few other rolls. Everything was so fresh and delicious! You could tell the sushi chef really enjoyed his job and it was really cool watching him make his "art". I guess he could tell how intently I was watching him and gave me a few different things to sample. All delicious! The prices were very reasonable too, our bill was only $40 and we both walked out completely stuffed and had a to go box full to bring home. It is a small place but there were three or four locals that came in while we were there and they seemed to be on a first named basis with the sushi chef. If the locals are regulars you know you have found a gem! If I come to town again I will make sure to come again, super impressed!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We started with the Dino roll, a turduckin of sushi. Several types of fish were rolled together with the perfect touch of wasabi in the center. Our group shared a boat for three among four people, and it was plenty. Sushi places sometimes put the most common things on a boat, but that was not the case here. There were rolls, sashimi and nigiri, as well as some seared tuna. I can't imagine going back to Key Largo without a visit to Sushi Nami!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Loved it! My husband and I were celebrating so we got take out - the staff took the time to assemble it into a "sushi boat". LOVED IT!! Will definitely order again.