“Great food and service”

DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo
Reserve with OpenTable
DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 138 Restaurants in Key Largo
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: US 1
Description: Featured on Guy Fieri's Diner's, Drive In's and Dive's. Owned and operated by the DiGiorgio family, DiGiorgio"s Cafe Largo is authentic. When you think pasta, local seafood, veal, tira misu and others, DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo is the first to come to mind in Key Largo. The DiGiorgio family emigrated from the cities of San Marino in north Italy and Cassino, outside of Rome. Being in business in South Florida since 1968 we have developed a great following and reputation. In 1990, the DiGiorgio family moved to Key Largo and saw the possibilities of mixing all the varieties of local seafood available with pasta and other dishes. When in Key Largo, we welcome you with open arms. Become a fan of our Facebook page and keep with our specials, events, reveiws and anything we might come up with spur of the moment. Just search "Cafe Largo" on Facebook.
Reviewed 10 November 2013

It was sunday night and with many places closed we gave Cafe Largo a try. It was quite busy but we had a real welcome and prompt service. the food was excellent my husband had spagetti Bolognaise and I had chicken in a nest which was Chicken pan fried with tomatoes, onions and mushrooms in a creamy Alfredo sauce, it was delicious. Plenty to choose from on the wine list but we opted for beer. the only surprise was that the gratuity was Included at 18 % which we thought a little steep with the option to add additional gratuity. we prefer to add a gratuity of our choice and not be told what to pay. But then we are from the UK and things are done differently over there with 10% being the norm. We have not noticed this practice at other restaurants and we have been coming to Key Largo for years.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The atmosphere was typical Italian but pleasant enough. Our waitress was hysterically funny and she had four tables in stitches. It was fun to laugh along with others. And the service she provide us was excellent.
The garlic rolls were fabulous. Could have eaten the whole basket! We passed on an appetizer because the entrees were going to be filling. I ordered the House Special...a sampler platter of manicotti, lasagna and chicken Marsala. The starter salad was fresh, but nothing special. My husband's soup was delicious. The entrees came promptly. My favorite was the manicotti. The sauce was delicious and cheese so creamy and tasty. Buy next favorite was the chicken. I love a good Marsala sauce and this did not disappoint. I tasted the lasagna, but was too full to have more than a bite, because I wanted dessert. Husband had grouper and it was a nice piece of fresh fish. Came with a side of pasta and he enjoyed the sauce too. Decaf cappuccinos were delicious. Nice flavor, but not too strong. The cannoli was one of the best I have had. Could have made a meal of rolls and dessert! No hesitation recommending this restaurant to others. Enjoy!

1  Thank TravellingMom2002
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed in Key Largo for 2 nights and found DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo in our hotel guide. Looked them up online and made a booking with no problems. Never used Open Table before but found the booking process very straightforward.
The restaurant was great - staff very welcoming and service was fast and friendly. Very pleasant atmosphere. The food was plentiful, hot and very tasty.
If ever we are in the area again I this would be my first choice of places to eat and I would recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere reasonably priced to eat.

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Almost perfect. Great dish with tasty homemade Italian sausage. Veggies were cooked perfect---not limp. And pasta was al dente. Sauce was just right. Will return for more.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We ate here during our recent trip to Key Largo and I have to say the experience was not great. The decor was very outdated and old fashioned and not very welcoming. Service was ok. The food though was the main downfall and not as we'd hoped for. I had a margarita pizza which was clearly not made with fresh dough, and as the dough was chewy like cardboard, I can only assume this was frozen. Probably the worst pizza I have eaten in a restaurant. My partner had pork shank which was ok, not amazing. Needless to say we skipped coffee and desserts and left somewhat hungry.
Would not recommend.
I notice from previous reviews that the management do comment on negative comments received and tend to shoot down reviewer's comments. This is intended as constructive feedback and is our opinion which is what Tripadvisor is all about. I am merely stating my opinion, not looking for my comments to be verified.