“Unique Shrimp Scampi”
Review of Hobo's Cafe

Hobo's Cafe
Ranked #8 of 134 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Grill, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Serving fresh seafood to the locals of the Florida Keys since 1991. Patio dining available!
South Carolina
“Unique Shrimp Scampi”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Stopped at Hobo's Cafe on the way to Key West, a wonderful surprise. A unique and pleasing shrimp scampi. Very clean, wait staff so helpful and friendly and in house made key lime pie. A winner!!

“Fantastic Meal!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We arrived @ Hobo's with Ten hungry cyclists & we were not sorry we stopped here! The service was wonderful & the meal was great! You will not be sorry if you come here to dine.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Best escargots in the world possibily, not even kidding!!”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I am pretty certain escargots are not high on the list of most folks dream appetitzer. For my wife and I, they totally are! I imagine we have had them 100's of times in our 20 years togther. I can truly say, these are the world's best!!! I nearly cried while eating them...never was I ever blessed with a dish so perfect!! The normal fare is the little snails cooked in a garlic butter with a puff pastry on top something like that. And, if you can find them, most places's serve them thsi traditional way and that is great. Not here...thse are served with a sauce of garlic and basil and I don't know what other spice but man un real!!! Mushrooms sliced in the dish as well, bread, covered in cheese. SOO damn good man I mean I was nearly in tears I kid you not!!
I will search and search I bet I never will find any as good as these. Bittersweet really, I have had the best and I feel now nothing will compare. So, any other affectionados of snails...stop! walk crawl what ever it takes stop in order these and you too will leave in glory. Anyone brave enough to try them, croos the bridge go for it.Snails are so good, forget how they look or what they are...just taste.You will be amazed, nothing else has teh flavor and it is spectacular.

HOBO's in little old Key Largo..best escargot on the planet for me so far...and I have had then 100's of times from simple down home place's like this to 4 star restaurants and I promise on my life the chef here has got it right. Treat yoruself, stop in, and see if I am right.I already knwo I am.

Good luck, Hobo's..I hope I make it back that way soon. Keep it up. Oh, teh waitress was great, place was clean, I todl owner how great teh escargot was...he was happy pleasant and appreciative of our business. Stop in, this place is a big big hit on the way down to Duval...

“Key West Delicious!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We tried this place off of Trip Advisors reviews & we were NOT disappointed! We drove past it off Highway 1 & had to turn around. The outside is not much to look at, but don't let this discourage you! What the outside lacks the inside makes up for....neat, clean & has that cozy feeling that you are in someone's house. The food was delicious! I had the Salmon Ciabatta with asparagus & it was seriously one of the best sandwiches I had! We were with a party of 6 & everyone loved their meal as well, especially the Key Lime pie! Molly was our server & was very attentive to our needs! First time I ever tried Key West beer & I will be drinking it while here!!! Make sure you try Hobo's Restaurant!!!

“Consistently Good”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Hobo's has been on the Island for years. Recently new owners took over the restaurant and you can tell they are trying to make it more of a "hometown" feel.

The Chef has been at the location for 21 years - so there is a consistency about the food quality. They usually have fresh fish specials - and the highlighted menu items are considered the better offerings for people to choose from.

Our family had the Mahi Mahi Blackened quesadillas and they were more than enough to feed them, with some taking food home. The chowder was really good - and the service was very nice as well.

It's actually great to see owners "actively" involved in making sure the guests are taken care of.