“I loved this place!”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Key Largo
Dublin, Ohio
“I loved this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Not much to say that has not been said before. I came with my dad for a short getaway from Ohio weather. We booked it several days in advance and stayed in cabin 6. It is the closest to the water and the scenery was perfect! It's just perfect! Plan on brining the family back next year for a week.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Kim P
HenrySeafarer, Owner at Seafarer Resort and Beach, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Thanks for your kind words.

We too, love this place!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Bradenton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

If you are looking for the Ritz, drive on by. You can get that posh experience many places, but you can only get the old Florida experience of the Keys in a place like this. Many of these kind of places are now gone, so cherish it when you get it. Great little cottages right on the water, quiet, the right kind of amenities, and that old charm that is from a day gone by, We will be back!

Room Tip: Bring a Hair Dryer! Each Cottage or room is different, all are fun! As for the Fitness center - we...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ken S
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife and I spend 2 days here when we were in the keys and it was fine. Nice little cottage great sunsets. Rooms were fine except for the bed. Those things we rock hard and my wife was pregnant so we really didn't get a great nights sleep.

2 Thank BECKY S
Thank you for your feedback.

Your sleep comfort is important to us.

Would you mind emailing us your unit number so that we can double check?

Thanks
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I picked this resort because it reminded me of resorts in northern MN, it lived up to my expectations. The atmosphere was relaxed and the staff and people staying there were super friendly. The grounds and rooms were clean. I especailly enjoyed the great sunsets. The only comment I would make is watch closely for the sign is kinda small.

Room Tip: just look at the pictures on the website.
1 Thank Mark H
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

The employees and owner Henry were so friendly and helpful. The small beach had chairs, hammocks, and free kayaks and rentable paddleboards. We spent some time out on the water in on paddleboards and it was great. Gorgeous sunsets from the beach. The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable with a small refrigerator. They offer coffee and a muffin in the morning which was very nice. I believe the Seafarer is on a course for further enhancements and will be a place we will revisit.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank JJUJ
We're glad you enjoyed your stay.

Scott gets the credit for starting the morning coffee service. Since then, we've added orange juice, muffins, cookies and occasionally biscottis.

We don't call it breakfast but for many it's the perfect way to start the day.

Hope to see you soon.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

WE LOVED IT HERE!!! Excellent, the rooms are immaculately clean....the employees are the nicest people I have ever met.... I loved the beach and the peace and quiet....we stayed in room 9. We kayaked and saw a pod of manatees, we loved the little squirrels that I hand fed peanuts to....the ocean birds fly by all the time and a resident pelican seems to sit in his normal spot on a pier post in the ocean....ibis and egrets...a peregrine falcon, etc... crystal clear water...it is in the bay side of the island and we definitely like that better... nice calm water verses the other side of the island on the Atlantic side.....I will always recommend this resort to anyone going to the Keys....we cannot wait to come back and I hope it is soon. THANKS FOR MAKING OUR VACATION THE MOST REMARKABLE EXPERIENCE... I had never been to Florida before. And now, I want to move there. It is a different life style there, not stress or rat race....easy kind of living.

Room Tip: all the rooms are excellent, we stayed in bungalow nine
1 Thank Suebarko
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights last weekend and loved it! We had meant to be in Key West for the full trip, but decided Key Largo would be better for the weekend because it was closer to the airport and also considerably cheaper! Seafarer was a lucky find thanks to Trip Advisor comments. We definitely wanted 'old school' but also really wanted clean and safe...Seafarer definitely met that criteria! Driving in the first night (dark), and having a room behind the office, my heart sunk a little. But after getting my bearings, and seeing how super clean and efficient it was quickly turned that around - plus we were there for the weather and their beach area was fantastic for that! We hope to go back next year - that should tell you what you need to know! We want the Beach cabin, and will stay longer! (hammocks and kayaks were great too!) Don't be afraid to get that little room behind the office - its all two people need, the price is right, the owner is nice, and you will have a great time!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Amara Cay Resort
Amara Cay Resort
#5 of 19 in Islamorada
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,280 reviews

Been to Seafarer Resort and Beach? Share your experiences!