“Our little slice of Key Largo Paradise”

Seafarer Resort and Beach
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed June 28-30 in beach house 11 and could not have had a better stay! Sure the rooms are not going to be the fanciest, but you can not beat the beach steps outside your door, and the scenery of the area. Nothing beats waking up in the morning and being able to take a few steps and be in the water, or watching the sunset from one of their hammocks. The snorkeling from their beach is fun, saw a lot of jellyfish but they will not bother you.

The staff was great, and left you alone. While the place was full when we were there it seemed like we were the only ones there. There is no better place on Key Largo to watch a sunset. Just take one of their many colorful plastic lounge chairs place it in the water, crack open a beer and watch the show.

I wish we could have stayed longer, and if/when we go back to the area there is no doubt we will be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael K

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Small, old, but charming Mom and Pop type place. There were bugs and small iguanas everywhere but I know it's not the owners' fault. No breakfast, but coffee by the office was very appreciated. There is a little dock area with water access, chairs, picnic table, hammock, and grills. The window unit AC never seemed to cool the room and we realized that the slot-type windows were letting all of the air out; definitely not an air-tight room. Overall we would stay again and possibly use the kayak rentals.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SophieKellyGreen
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Everything was as expected for this place--it looks Old Florida and it delivered Old Florida. I stayed in Cabin 5 with my daughter--I had booked a Villa, but I guess they had put someone else in it and upgraded me to a two bedroom, three double beds, full kitchen and grody bathroom cabin. The view walking out of the cabin was gorgeous. I watched the sunrise each morning I was there and my dughter and I would walk down to the sandy area each night to sit and enjoy the gorgeous view. We loved the hammocks and the chairs and the tiki-bar and brightly colored chair theme. We learned to avoid the water due to something stinging us each time we tried to enjoy it. Likely jellyfish, since we saw one washed up on the sand and a bunch of litlle platic bag looking things on the sand, under the water. The cabing was great!! The sheets were clean, the overall appearance was clean--there was loads of dirt under the couch, but the only reason I know is because I had to retrieve one of my daughter's toys. Then it came time to take a shower...the bathroom is alright, but the shower is disgusting. The shower didn't drain in anything close to a timely manner. The water flowed over the lip of the shower stall. The shower curtain was crunchy--the bottom was crusted over with mold and mildew. My daughter and I only showered one time for our entire two night stay there. I would consider coming to this resort one more time...in a different facility, though...and find a beach at another location to enjoy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nikki_C1980
HenrySeafarer, Owner at Seafarer Resort and Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We immediately repaired the clog in the shower after seeing your note.

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know and appreciate your business.

Henry

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My mother and I stayed here two nights. We stayed in the bonefish cabin. This cabin has a nice deck and is a few steps away from the water. The water area has free kayaks to use and plenty of seats to watch the sunset. The cabins are close to area attractions with plenty to do. The rooms were simple but nice. There was a minifridge and a microwave for us to use. In the mornings about 8am the office provided coffee and muffins.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank laurenslaugh
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed at this quaint little place this past weekend. It was our first trip to the Keys & we stayed in #15. The staff members were pleasant & made us feel welcome. Although #15 was closer to the road & next to the office, with the exception of hearing an ambulance once in the 4 days we were there, we heard no traffic. Both the bedroom & main room had a/c units & it kept the temperature comfortable. A lot of hotels will start banging on the door at 10:00 or so to clean up, but this lovely place left us alone. If we needed trash bags or towels, we went to the office to get them. We were able to cook in the kitchen instead of eating out a lot & the drawers were stocked with utensils, pots & pans, the basics. The beds were comfortable with freshly laundered linens. We used the kayaks, swam at the small private beach & saw some spectacular sunsets. We will definitely be going back again in the very near future & hope to become regulars.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jeff Y
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This resort is nothing shy of amazing while my wife spent her days laying on the beach in the hammock, I enjoyed snorkeling with the marine wildlife in the waters Jimmy Buffet must've been around while writing some of his songs. We traveled all of the Keys from the top to the bottom during our stay, this place was found to be the most relaxing. A few of the great perks is the use of the kayaks, while you can get out on the water and it is a little rough, as it was for us a few times, there are also many times that you go out and the water is very calm (head to the right facing out and go into the coves, even the ones marked private, we saw a manatee in one of four coves we explored). Another perk is that the staff will do anything and everything to make your stay comfortable, you ask for it and they will help you get it. The local snorkeling is awesome, there are tons of jelly fish in the water there, we stayed June 17-23, and I mean tons!! just wear water sock or shoes. I had fun taking sticks in the water to stir them up to see them swim. There are two white buoys, snorkel around them and in between them, you will see that the grass clears and there is plenty to see there.

ENJOY YOUR STAY!! 2.5 hours from Key West a million hours from the rest of the world!!

Room Tip: Our room was rather large as we chose the room with the full kitchen. So we had 2 beds a pull out be...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Dennis S

It was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Thank you for the kinds words and the review.

We hope to host you again soon.

Henry

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Seafarer Resort was one of our favorite spots of our 10 day Florida vacation. The atmosphere was so relaxed and the scenery was beautiful. We had fun mingling with the other guests enjoying the beach, kayaking, and watching the sunsets. Henry, the owner, and staff were so friendly. We hope to return to the Seafarer for a return visit.

Room Tip: The rooms are old but nice and comfortable. We had a two bedroom cottage with a full kitchen and li...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Beverly U