We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on the way to Key West. There are only a few rooms, and the premises are well maintained and attractive with gardens and a small pool. The property sits on the ocean, but there is no beach.
Our room (201) is mentioned in the Fodor's guide as noisy at night due to the restaurant and bar next door, but we did notice anything that disturbed our sleep. Our balcony overlooked the marina and was enjoyable with no insects.
Debbie at the front desk was very helpful, and in fact made dinner reservations for us the first evening. (The front desk closes at 7:00pm.) Our wireless internet connection was the fastest I have encountered for a hotel (5Mb+).
We highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a small, quiet, and attractive hotel on the water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly part of the Ascend Collection of Choice Hotels, Dove Creek Lodge is an intimate island style boutique hotel. Warm, friendly and uncomplicated. Inspired by the lore of Hemingway's Caribbean hideaways. Dove Creek Lodge is the perfect choice for your next island retreat. Located on the Atlantic Ocean, in Key Largo, Dove Creek lodge sits adjacent to John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. In the center of the best fishing, diving and family fun you will ever experience.Come, step through our doors and see what we're all about. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dove Creek Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dove Creek Hotel Key Largo
- Dove Creek Lodge Key Largo, Florida