“Mostly good”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Key Largo
Westborough, Massachusetts
“Mostly good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

We loved some of the personal touches which a lot of other places do provide.
A. They walked you to your room and showed you around; making sure that you were comfortable with the place they were providing you with
B. Free Kayak's were available for the customers use. They were enjoyed by the family!
C. Outdoor Pool Table. It was put to use and enjoyed by the family.

Rooms were clean; and looked to be freshly painted. Our room had a screened in porch; which was put to use.

Now...some would consider this a down fall. I enjoyed this; but my husband could not stand it. The hotel is next to Snappers (very nice place; serving good bar food). At night; you can hear their music if you are sitting outside your room or at the pool. The music can be heard until about 9/9:30 at night. My husband enjoyed the first night; a very good musician playing reggae. The second night we were there no one was playing at the restaurant. The third night we were there the musician played a good variety of music but he just drove my husband insane as all my husband wanted to do was sit back on the porch and enjoy the quite ocean sounds. So, if you want a quite night sitting outside on your porch; this does not seem likely too happen. Now, I can say this; at least from our room; the music can not be heard inside your room with all of your doors shut.

The Continental breakfast was excellent. Lots of wonderful fresh fruit were offered (grapefruit; strawberries; blueberries; watermelon; cantaloupe); along with bagels; croissants and other goodies.

Overall it was a very nice stay!

1 Thank Pdonatyandkids

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Hebrew first
Locust Grove, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

This hotel isn't the worst, but definitely not the best I've ever been to. The room was nice and clean, but small (we had a king bed gardenview). The picture of the hotel is a bit misleading as the right side of the picture facing in from the ocean is actually Snappers Restaurant and not the hotel. The hotel itself consists of three buildings. Their website says they have Wifi, but if you plan on using it in your room you better get a room in the same building as the front desk/lobby or you won't be able to connect. The ethernet cable in our room didn't work either. I have a BS in Information Technology, so I know what I'm talking about here. In other words, 2/3 of their hotel doesn't get Internet access, only the 1/3 around the lobby. The front desk closes at 7pm, so we could only get on the Internet by taking our laptop over there. Otherwise, I found the hotel to be an average one and not too bad for the price. Probably won't stay again, but if you don't mind that one Internet issue and an occasional light bulb or electrical outlet or shower curtain ring issue like we did, then it's ok.

3 Thank msam311
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

The room was beautiful, the scenery was even better. The staff, friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast, the complimentary kayaks...I can't say enough. Will definitely recommend this place. The only thing that would have made it better for me, would be if it were pet friendly and I could have brought my girls. Otherwise, superb hotel.

Room Tip: all rooms are the best.
1 Thank carolyn33472
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

We stayed one night in this hotel, and then moved on to Key West.

We arrived at 9pm after a long drive from Miami Airport. Called ahead to the hotel, to let them know we would be late. The receptionist informed us that the desk closed at 7. She was extremely helpful, gave directions and informed us that we had been upgraded to a suite. The key was stored safely and we let ourselves in. WOW.

The "suite" was a 2 story duplex. Stunning decor, large balcony with stunning views. We were blown away!
After an extremely good nights sleep we went to the pool (gorgeous) then down to the dock/jetty area (breath-taking!)
Breakfast was lovely, and self service.

Then we met the receptionist (different from night before). No hello, no conversation, no how was your stay.
Then at check out..... No Hello, no how was your stay. All she said was "How did you get that room, for that price?" (eh what?) Then once we paid, the phone rang mid-conversation, and she picked it up! then ignored us. No thank you, no goodbye.

I would not say this reflects every check-out experience at this hotel, as i imagine it is usually great, like everything else about it.

Its just a shame that this overshadowed the fantastic complimentary upgrade which was 10/10, and the great service over the phone the night before.
This woman- If I were a mystery shopper 0/10.

Do not let this change your mind. The hotel is amazing, and 10/10. If you do happen to have a similar experience at check out- do what I should have done, ask for the manager. At least then this could be rectified. (I have since fed back via the hotels satisfaction questionnaire about her)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

I used tripadvisor to find a hotel in the Keys and found this hotel had consistently high marks and good reviews. I decided to book my trip soley on the reviews, as I had no other recommnendations! I am happy to say the reviews were right on!!
The lodge was immaculate, including the rooms, lobby and outside grounds. I have two young children and this hotel was perfect for them. They enjoyed the pool and LOVED the kayaks (which were available free of charge). This waterfront property faces a restaurant (Snapper's) which at night plays live music and provides pretty scenery.
I was very happy to not have to pay an extra daily parking fee, which alot of the other hotels charge. This hotel is about 10 minutes from Dolphin's Plus which is a wonderful swim with the dolphins experience. The 1 bedroom suites are roomy enough for 2 adults and 2 kids Also, the beds were VERY comfortable.. I was checked in by Debbie over the phone and she was EXTREMELY accomodating and helpful. The only negative thing I could say is that our view of the water was blocked by the elevator. My family will definately come back to this hotel. p.s. bring your bug spray ...the mosquitoes are relentless!!

1 Thank alynrick
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

We had a GREAT trip with 3 families. Beautiful resort , loved the convenience of the boat slips great accommodations!! We met the owner and wife who were soooo friendly and nice! Debbie who also works at Cheeka lodge, was so nice and helpful. Jane on the other hand was cold, angry and rude!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

We flew in to Miami airport, picked up our rental car and arrived at this quaint little cove resort within two hours. It was a great way to wind down and begin our six night tour of the Florida Keys.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple