MB at Key Largo
US$336
US$286
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Seafarer Resort and Beach(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$161
Travelocity
US$197
US$188
US$291
All reviewsdove creek lodgesnappers restaurantrestaurant next doorkey lime tartturtle clublive musicyogurthard boiled eggscontinental breakfasttommy bahamacovered parkingscreened porchone bedroom suitefree kayakshot tubsmall hotelsmall marina
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 December 2012

After a bad stay at Sheraton Suites in Key West, I was so looking forward to our two day stay here. I booked this place based on TripAdvisor reviews. Apparently I have a different standard than those who gave glowing reviews. First of all at check in there was no one there for 10 minutes. All that was there was a rock with "Be right back" on it. Unfortunately I seen that rock a lot. They should at least have some type of system in place so people don't have to wait. There is only someone there from 7 - 7. On the day we checked in around 3:30 or 4, we were taken to our rooms and was told she (front desk person) was about to leave for the day and told me about an emergency number to call if needed. I feel like she was waiting for us so she could leave. The rooms we had were very small. It was all they had available when I booked. No dresser, a closet that contained a small refrigerator and safe. There was also a directors chair which I found to be useless. There was a flat screen tv in front of the bed with a desk under that. There was a small walkway between the desk and bed. The room showed wear from other visitors. They need to invest in some magic erasers to clean the scuff marks off the walls. The bathroom was not appealing. The tile strip above the towels rack was corroded with dirt, dust and hair. The shower curtain had mold on it - disgusting. I don't think anyone is checking on the cleaning. The shower looked dirty because if the poor grout job. The toilet didn't have a seat cover which was strange and it flushed slowly. They have Tommy Bahamas shampoo, conditioner and bath gel in dispensers in the shower. The towels were soft, but there was something red on one of them. I did not see any bed bugs as reported in an earlier review. The beds were the best thing about the place. I read reviews of people talking about the grounds. There is no beach and the little harbor was full of sea garbage. There was no way my kids were getting on the free kayaks in that water. The grounds could use some upkeep. If I'm paying a big price for a room I better get what I'm paying for, not here at all. They said they were booked, but I only seen a few people. The free breakfast was ok. Bagels, English muffins, fruit, boiled eggs, parfait, drinks. We were the only ones there at 7:30. The front desk person was sitting at the front and did not acknowledge us until she came into the breakfast area and turned the tv on. We got a hello. This place may have been good at one time. It most definitely has potential. Maybe Gordon Ramsey should do a Hotel Hell here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank xuna48
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Me and my husbands stay at dove creek lodge was wonderful. Debbie at the fronk desk was very nice and accommodating! She stayed late for us on Christmas Eve cause we were running late and needed to pay cash. Our room was a one bedroom suite and it was very clean and nice. They have kayaks for you to use for free and hammocks to lay in. The pool and hot tub were very nice and we were the only ones in them so it was very private. Would definitely come back again !

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Melnesci
Reviewed 22 December 2012

My husband and I wanted someplace reasonably priced to stay as a pit stop to Key West for our honeymoon, so we came across this place on the AAA website. This hotel is hidden away, feels like in the middle of nowhere and we did not know what to expect. As soon as we came in, Brianna greeted us with a smile. We got a complimentary upgrade for our room and were floored when she escorted us to our room and showed us exactly where to park. She was very friendly and informative. The room is incredible, very clean and spacious even had a netted porch where you could sit outside your room without being annoyed by bugs. We wish we stayed longer. This is indeed a hidden gem and we would definitely stay here again!

Tip: The elevator & room set up is a little confusing. Both 2nd & 3rd floor rooms are on floor 2 of the elevator and 4th floor is on floor 3. Keep that in mind if you have a top floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room, if available the views are incredible from here!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrs_CDC
Reviewed 19 December 2012

we found this delightful facility on line and loved it! The 1 bedroom suite was great, the breakfasts were wonderful and the staff very efficient and friendly. If someone wrote anything negative about this facility they must have been in the wrong spot!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LaurieG2
Reviewed 13 December 2012

On our week-long vacation to Miami/Key Largo/Key West, this was by far the best place we stayed at. The suite was clean, comfortable, and we enjoyed the attached screened porch. The bed was comfortable, the decor pleasant, and the continental breakfast was fresh and filling. The pool water temperature could have been warmer, but there was a hot tub that we used instead. The restaurant next door was convenient with good food. However, the live music could be disruptive if you are a light sleeper. We closed the bedroom door and were able to sleep soundly.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple