MB at Key Largo
US$161
US$236
US$207
US$291
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsdove creek lodgesnappers restaurantrestaurant next doorkey lime tartturtle clublive musicyogurthard boiled eggscontinental breakfasttommy bahamacovered parkingscreened porchone bedroom suitefree kayakshot tubsmall hotelsmall marina
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The Dove Creek Lodge is rare find in the Keys. While the hotel was at full capacity, it almost seemed that we had the place to ourselves. My wife and I spent hours relaxing at the waters edge overlooking the ocean while our daughters kayaked and paddle boated around the mangroves. They came across sea turtles and stingrays swimming beside their boats. The hotel staff was excellent, remembering our names and giving us great advise on restaurants and near by boat and wave runner rentals. While the hotel has no restaurant or bar, you are only 25 yards from Snappers restaurant with their full bar, Sunday jazz brunch and nightly relaxing entertainment. This allowed us to have private restaurant dining overlooking the ocean and still enjoying the live entertainment.

After 44 years of South Florida living, I had grown tired of the keys with their grungy hotels, restaurants and bars that blast obnoxious music and promote outright drunkenness. The Dove Creek Lodge has restored my love for the keys and what it always meant to me an my family. An upscale relaxing getaway intertwined with nature.

We will be back.

Room Tip: Large families should opt for the upstairs downstairs suite.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Rafael V
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I wanted a quick weekend get-away and found this hotel online. It is definitely a hidden gem! I was very impressed with everything - the rooms were updated and well-kept, personable staff, great amenities on property and next door (restaurant and tiki bar). I would recommend this location to anyone looking for a nice, affordable hotel in the upper Keys.

Room Tip: The king suite is great - it has a sitting room and a screened-in patio.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Jeanette M
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The room was very clean and large. Loved the bright yellow, very cheery. The property was very well kept and the staff was super friendly. Ate at Snappers for dinner, very good food and music. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aallen106
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I found Dove Creek Lodge online and was impressed with all the great reviews. We went to celebrate our wedding anniversary. My wife is happy with a hotel as long as it says "clean" to her when she steps foot in the door of the room, and she was not disappointed. The rooms are clean, up to date/hip, comfortable big king bed, uniquely decorated, bathrooms the same with a Tommy Bahama theme. The property is manicured with many fun things to do including pool, jacuzzi, 3 hammock swings, a small beach, marina with boat slips, free kayak and water bike or paddle boat. Plus there is a good restaurant next door (Snappers) and tiki bar with live entertainment until around 10 pm Thurs-Sat and I believe Sunday afternoon too. Very quiet, there were some young families with kids staying at the hotel while we were there but they were on a different floor. We saw our neighbors a couple of times, never heard them; once in our room we barely heard a noise from outside. Breakfast was thoughtful with a sufficient variety including fresh fruit and other local treats you don't see at the chain hotels. Views east of the bay are engaging and picturesque. Staff, without exception, were genuinely friendly and helpful -- all the staff -- they actually care that you have a pleasant stay and want to come back, which we most assuredly will!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aaron M
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I've visited the Keys an awful lot in my 25 years of living in S Fla and this was my first time at Dove Creek. I booked an oceanview king suite one week before Labor Day weekend for one night over the holiday and the rate was quite reasonable. The good rate had me worried about what I'd find because Keys hotels are notoriously overpriced and substandard, in my opinion.

Ann, the lady who checked us in, was personable, helpful and nice. She walked us to our room. Coffee/tea is available in the lobby during office hours (7am-7pm). A fantastic continental breakfast is served in the same lobby.

To my pleasant surprise, the property is beautiful, the amenities are great. The room was spacious with a large sitting area, large flat screen TVs (one in bedroom, one in sitting room) and a screened in patio overlooking the ocean and pool area.
Pool is clean and nice, grounds are very very clean even on this busy weekend.

Paddle boats and kayaks are complimentary and there is great mangrove shoreline close by to explore in them. The beach area (small sandy area with chairs and shaded by mangroves, not really a place to swim) is immaculate, beautiful and peaceful.

Decent restaurants abound nearby. Between that and the amenities on property you really dont have a lot of reason to leave except to see the rest of the area or to shop. BBQ grills are also available on property.

Overall, this was the perfect spot for relaxation in a comfortable atmosphere.

The only nit is that there was a slight odor in the room, as if the carpets were ready for cleaning. But they were in the middle of a deep cleaning project for the whole property and probably didnt get to my room yet. If not for this one issue I'd have rated this property 5 stars because thats what it would be by Keys standards. Unless you're ready to shell out much bigger bucks for Hawks Cay in Marathon or Cheeca Lodge in Islamorada, this place is the best value I can recommend. This would be my first choice for the upper keys

Room Tip: Oceanview overooking pool area was nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple