We held our small company sales meeting here this week, and there are many great things to say about Dove Creek.
The staff is very accommodating and friendly, with lots of good information on things to do in the area. Very nice people on the whole, though the afternoon front desk manager was not a ray of sunshine.
Breakfast at the hotel was included, but fairly basic with some cereal, bagels, etc. A typical continental breakfast on par with most hotels and nothing to write home about. Always fresh hot coffee, which was a nice touch, and the staff was very quick to replenish anything so it was always full and available.
The rooms were very nice (only 19 on this property), with nice flatscreen TV's and comfortable king sized beds. The housekeeping staff did an exceptional job in straightening and cleaning the rooms quickly and thoroughly. We were very pleased with the cleanliness.
The grounds are quite small, but there's a nice sand area with a gazebo, two hammocks, and plenty of seating around the clean, warm pool. No complaints here at all, we were very pleased.
The restaurant that shares a parking lot, Snappers, had excellent food at a reasonable price (considering you're in the keys). Mahi, grouper, hag fish sandwiches are awesome, as are the fish tacos. We did lunch several times here to save time, and dinner twice due to the convenience and the quality.
Free use of kayaks, paddle boats, and a water trike on a come-and-go-as-you-please basis was fun for my wife and I one day.
In short, if you like a chain hotel with tons of staff and huge grounds that are loud and crowded, avoid this place. If you want a small, privately owned and quiet little quaint hotel with a beautiful view of the sunrise that has all the amenities in the world, this is a great place. You won't be disappointed in any way here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly part of the Ascend Collection of Choice Hotels, Dove Creek Lodge is an intimate island style boutique hotel. Warm, friendly and uncomplicated. Inspired by the lore of Hemingway's Caribbean hideaways. Dove Creek Lodge is the perfect choice for your next island retreat. Located on the Atlantic Ocean, in Key Largo, Dove Creek lodge sits adjacent to John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. In the center of the best fishing, diving and family fun you will ever experience.Come, step through our doors and see what we're all about. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dove Creek Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dove Creek Hotel Key Largo
- Dove Creek Lodge Key Largo, Florida