We stayed here this last week for 4 nights on our first trip to the Keys (we have recently moved to Florida). The hotel is very clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel grounds are nice, they have hammocks and a chair type swing. We chose a king balcony room(balcony could barely fit the 2 chairs and table) that had a view of the marina and the bar at Snappers. Since Snappers is right next door to the hotel we were able to listen to the live music every night.
The only reason I did not give 5 stars is no fault of the hotel. When we arrived and opened up the balcony door there was decaying seaweed up against the dock right in front of our room and it smelled horrible, like rotten eggs! However, it rained the next 2 days and the smell wasn't noticeable after that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly part of the Ascend Collection of Choice Hotels, Dove Creek Lodge is an intimate island style boutique hotel. Warm, friendly and uncomplicated. Inspired by the lore of Hemingway's Caribbean hideaways. Dove Creek Lodge is the perfect choice for your next island retreat. Located on the Atlantic Ocean, in Key Largo, Dove Creek lodge sits adjacent to John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. In the center of the best fishing, diving and family fun you will ever experience.Come, step through our doors and see what we're all about. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Dove Creek Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dove Creek Hotel Key Largo
- Dove Creek Lodge Key Largo, Florida