“Good location, OK room, poor service”
Review of Bay Cove Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Key Largo
Bay Cove Motel
Ranked #10 of 17 Key Largo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We found this place via google not knowing the area. We liked their beach access and closeness to everything. Room lacked hanging space unless you count some hooks on the wall. We had clean sheets and linens when we arrived but they did not come once to make beds, empty trash or bring fresh towels in 3 days.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank datageek

Reviewed 11 April 2012

nothing fancy, older place but clean and what a spot! Close to all kinds of good spots, restaurants, bars on water and right on the gulf. Can sip a cocktail on the hammock, take a dip off the pier, or kayak. Quiet,nice. Patty and Margo were great with tips on good spots to eat and accommodating with everything else. Park right there and you're in. Can walk to Bayside Grill for music and watch the sunset or watch it right there at Bay Cove. Local breakfast diners as well. Casual and relaxing motel. Marie and Joe will be down there again : )

Room Tip: some rooms have a direct gulf view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marie s
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My family stayed for a few days. We didn't spend much time in the motel because there is so much to do in the area. I loved the feel of the place! With some attention and deep cleaning, it could be perfect! We had little ants (I think) everywhere! They got in everything...including my cereal bowl WHILE I was eating out of it! Gross! My dresser had a dirty washcloth in it that must have been put in wet because the whole drawer smelled like mold. There were stains on all the linens and the couch cover was dirty. A little attention to detail and maybe some fumigating would make this place perfect. I loved that they had kayaks and snorkel gear to use for free...although I was worried about using the snokel because if everything else was dirty, there was no guarantee that they sanatized the snorkel mouthpiece. Ick! Overall, I had a good time. Probably because I spent most of my time outside!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Morgan_Lafey
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Had a blast and it was right on the water and the staff was friendly and knowledgable. Thanks again Patty we will be back next year!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Dmoney1216
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed for days in Febr 2012 after cruising the carribean. We really enjoyed this place. No fancy flat screen Tv or something but just quiet, close to the ocean, nice trees and squirells around. Was like living in a park. Old but nice and clean. We had nr 8, with oven, micro and stove. Everything you need for an economic stay. Friendly staff

We are coming back. I hope it will be a tarpoon fishing trip spring 2013.
As I said its not for those of you that is used with 200dollars hotels. This is much better.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kjell K
Reviewed 15 February 2012

wonderful staff and the kayaking and fishing was so fun. Best of all, when my son accidentally left his 700 dollar computer in the room, it was there for me the next day at the office when we came back for it. An honest staff and clean hotel will keep us coming back always!

Room Tip: ask to negotiate price
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank homeschoolmom923
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We stayed here last summer, it's a perfect little place for a great price. Ya, you can find more modern, and ya, the beds/furnishings are older. But it's clean, quiet, and convenient, the grounds are simple but lovely, and the access to the bay is wonderful!
Looking forward to our next stay in April.

Room Tip: closer to the water is quieter, nicer.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple