“Peaceful, Quiet & Stress FREE”
Review of Bay Cove Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Key Largo
Bay Cove Motel
Ranked #10 of 17 Key Largo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2008

Wow, what a relief. This was one of the most restful vacations I have ever encountered. My husband, 4 teenagers and my 10 year old son loved the place. The dock at the back of the property provides the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen in my life. You really could see the sun sink into the sea. The water was clear and perfect for snorkleing. It was amazing to see all of those fish. The look in my sons eyes as he fished on the deck and caught many fish was priceless. We stayed in the beach house and felt like we were having our own little private paradise. While you are there...try a rum runner, they are delicious. As a business woman with huge responsibilities and a busy family, I promise you that this little place will help you be renewed and feel at peace. Give this place a try, it is FANTASTIC!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank 5areaoutahere

Reviewed 26 July 2008

Stayed 2 nights with my 25 and 27 year old sons. The place was very poorly kept, bugs in the room, ants coming out the bathroom shower walls, holes in the door large enough to let a med. size pest in. Brought a small boat and there was no parking for the trailer. The in keepers were some of the rudest floridians I've ever met and I've lived in Fl. over 25 years. If you caught any fish at all there was no decent place to clean or freeze them. This is really just one step up from a tent, so if that's what your'e looking for in accomadations you'll love it.
Won'y be back and would never recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Fishinfreak
Reviewed 22 June 2008

My husband and I stayed the last part of may at Bay Cove. It isn't much to look at on first glance, but once you go inside it's great. We stayed in the cheapest room behind the office. It was very clean and adequate. I enjoyed walking down to the dock and being outside. The managers are very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed talking to them very much. They are never hard to find. For anyone on a budget like we were this is a wonderful pick! Thankyou Bay Cove Motel for a wonderful vacation. If we ever go back to the Keys we will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bluebee220
Reviewed 12 June 2008

My husband and I stayed one night at the Bay Cove Motel on our way down to Key West. Since it was the off season, we were the only guests (which was great). We stayed in the upstairs studio overlooking the bay. The room was was great with the hardwood floors and extra large shower.
Not much beach to speak of, but the dock was great to watch the sunset and the stars (and the lightening in the distance).

It's also right next door to Mrs. Mac's diner. Great fresh fish for dinner and excellent breakfast. This hotel was great for local flavor-you will not like it if you're the type of person who likes a fancy hotel. Highly recommended!

Stayed: June 2008
3  Thank nannydeb
Reviewed 17 March 2008

My wife and I went to Key Largo and booked Bay Cove Motel. One night we came back to our room and found a large rat. It looked like it came from an attic space adjacent to our room, the door was not tight or secured. Traps were set in the both attic spaces. The next night a rat was caught that was about 1 foot long, not including the tail. Two or three days later a decomposing rat caught in a trap was found in another attic space. Besides the rat problem, a soiled mattress was found under one of the beds mattress pads.
The buildings and grounds needed some extra cleaning and repairs. It was looking a little run down.
We left one day early and told the manager how disappointed we were with our stay there. She told us that Florida has a rat problem and we should expect this kind of thing to happen.
I believe these people are in the wrong business.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank SamJohn
baycovemotel, owner, SORRY MADE SOME GRAMMAR CHANGES PLEASE REPLACE EXISTING OWNER COMMENTS- THANK YOU at Bay Cove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2008

There are several points to respond to:

The rat - yes, there was a rat that went into the room and as soon as we were told, the manager set a trap. Each day the trap was checked. After the first rat, we left the traps in case there was a second rat (there usually is) and the second rat was caught. There was no such decomposing rat, since the traps were checked each day. Being on the water in Florida does attract rats once in a while and our obligation is to respond quickly and remove them.

Soiled mattress - All beds at the motel were replaced on January, 2007. On each bed is a mattress pad that does not allow liquid to seep through. Upon checkout, the mattress was still wet and it had not been wet when these guests checked in. A bill for the mattress had been forwarded.

Run down and in need of repairs - This motel was built in the 50's. It is not new, HOWEVER, it is not run down and in need of repairs. This is a small mom and pop motel and not a brand new built motel. Again, run down and in need of repairs, there is always some repairs to do, however it is NOT run down.

These individuals contacted the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Division of Hotels and Restaurant, which is the organization that monitors motels in the state of Florida. They came by on March 26, 2008 and did an inspection. There is nothing wrong with the motel and this group of people did a little over-exaggeration. We did apologize for the rat coming into the room and responded quickly to remedy the situation. As per DEPR - there is nothing else wrong and they said we responded to the rat situation the way we should have.

Reviewed 20 February 2008