“Always a Pleasure”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
wantagh new york
“Always a Pleasure”
Reviewed 27 September 2011

My husband and I visit the Keys every September and always stay at the Coconut Palm Inn. Our stay this year was as wonderful as always. Beautiful rooms, Great grounds and pool and wonderful service. Pure relaxation and peace.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 September 2011

This place is truly amazing. I had my wedding there and all of my guests were blown away by the beauty of the property and kindness and competency of the staff. Even better - it's actually affordable too! If you want to get married in your own private oasis with the most stunning views you have ever seen, do it at the Coconut Palm Inn. And if you're just in the area for vacation, you'll be equally pleased by this charming hideaway. You will truly feel like you have found the most gorgeous hidden gem in the country when you walk onto this property's private beach, especially at sunset. It has everything you need for a fun, relaxing vacation or the most exciting and beautiful wedding of all time. I can't say enough good things about this place and its staff - everything I requested for the wedding was done exactly to my liking - I can't imagine having my wedding anywhere else! I plan to return many times in the future to soak in the beauty and relaxation of this treasure! The staff and grounds just make you feel like all is right in the world. Everyone goes out of their way to make you feel at home. Love this place!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are very cute and quaint, but the suites are where it's at if you have a little...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Cocoa Beach, FL
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Can't say enough great things about this charming property. Eco Tourist Dream and i hear the property is going green. I have been in the hotel business nearly my whole life and this property has it all. Kayaks, paddle boats, sand beach, pool, 2 docks, kayak launch, tikis, hammocks, gardens, bbqs, breakfast, history, coconut palms, coconut palms, coconut palms. We plan to come by boat next time. Grounds immaculate as our rooms, linens ands great beds, Great setting for a wedding or reunion.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LunaSeaMotel
Marco Island, Florida
Reviewed 27 August 2011

My wife and I truly enjoyed staying at your inn. The location was great. The inn was well kept up and centrally located. We will be back again. Also, you have the best boat dock in the Keyes.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Bethel, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Our goal was to find a convenient place to sleep in and to relax by a pool/beach, and the Coconut Palm Inn provided just that. The staff was friendly, the grounds are very pretty (free kayaks are provided), and the room was clean with a sufficient refrigerator, sink and microwave. We enjoyed being able to eat breakfast in the shady areas on the quiet beach (an aside: we never expect much from a "continental" breakfast, so we had purchased and brought our own breakfast items).

On the other hand, the small room had twin beds pushed together to make a "queen" bed, which was not very comfortable, and the air conditioner was very loud and we couldn't figure out how to redirect the vents so the air didn't blow on us all night long.

If you are looking for no-frills lodging in a convenient location, this is a great place to explore.

Room Tip: It appeared that the 3 rooms on the end have the least water view; rooms 2 and 3 are quite small.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We love this place!! Our kids call it our place! The memories we have made here will last a lifetime! We were pleasantly surprised with some changes that were made, from the suite that we stay in, to the surrounding property. Who would have thought it could be made even better. New dock, sitting chairs, new linens, furniture etc. WOW!! Not to mention the great staff, they make you feel welcome and at ease! We even had special visitors this year, a group of manatee came to the dock for a drink of fresh water! We can't wait until our next visit as I said, "WE LOVE THIS PLACE!"

Room Tip: Suites have water views. Patio rooms have pool and some water view.All are steps from the water.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2011

It was two years since my last overnight visit to the Keys, stayed once again at the Coconut Palm Inn, my favorite Keys hotel (and I have stayed at a lot of them).

This is a superb smaller hotel-mini resort, immaculately groomed, clean beach, great sunset views, wonderful staff.

Everything was perfect. In my earlier review (2009) I mentioned the only quibble as the Wi-Fi not being too good but this time it was strong everywhere on the beach as well as in the room. But best to turn off the computer-iPad etc... and enjoy the beach, pool, sea kayaks, hammocks, walks on piers etc...!

Had my German Shepherd search dog with me as usual, she loves Coconut Palm. We stayed in the large suite approved for bigger dogs, this is a super clean room with nice tile floors, big screened porch, mini kitchen -- not a tacky 'pet room' like you get at so many 'pet friendly' places.

This room now has a brand new huge flat screen TV with built-in DVD player, great for a movie in the evening.

Kathy the manager-owner takes an active interest in being sure her guests are happy, and she is a dog person so she understands our needs. Ask Kathy for restaurant recommendations, boat charters etc... she is a true local, really knows the area and the people. She got us on a great sailing charter on short notice.

We will be back, and soon I hope!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends